Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers cut James Anderson

200 posts in this topic

Posted

Person says (tweets) that Anderson found out this morning when he was told to come in for a physical.

i wonder what else happened this morning

Posted

Someone now needs to step up their Google Hangout game with the fans in a BIG way.

Posted

i got to be honest though...i would have took him over senn though.....

Posted

Next order of business:

"Hello, Garry Williams? this is Dave Gettlemen..."

"Hello Jeff Hangartner? Dave Gettlemen here...."

1 person likes this

Posted

So now do we go young and draft in the 4th, 5th or do we go after a veteran like Spikes, Harrison or even bring back Connor?

Posted

I bet he isn't a June 1 cut and this is just more of Gettleman fixing the "mess".

1 person likes this

Posted

I bet he isn't a June 1 cut and this is just more of Gettleman fixing the "mess".

Agreed. I think he's decided to just take his lumps this year. He isn't tied to Rivera and if releasing a bunch of guys will cripple our cap this year, but set it up for the future, what does he care?

Posted

So why the heck wouldn't we make him a June 1 cut if there is no cap savings for cutting him now?

Posted

I can understand it, take the lumps now and start fresh going forward. I like that we don't pay premiums for mediocrity anymore.

Posted

Next order of business:

"Hello, Garry Williams? this is Dave Gettlemen..."

"Hello Jeff Hangartner? Dave Gettlemen here...."

Was just going to start a thread on this. Technically I think the next move will be announcing a Gross restructure then cutting 1 or both of those guys.

They are the last 2 logical cuts that could be made. I only forsee one going. Do we keep Hangman who can play guard and center or Williams who can play guard and tackle?

My money says Hangman goes and Willliams stays.

Posted

Davis appears to be recovered, and I for one think Beasons injury's this season were overplayed as an excuse to put him on IR because he wasn't 100% from the Achilles yet.

I hope so. But this move do make me guess if Gettleman and Rivera knows a bit more to Beason's health. Wonder if Beason is doing well in his rehab.

Posted

So why the heck wouldn't we make him a June 1 cut if there is no cap savings for cutting him now?

I thought you could designate a limited number of early cuts as June 1st cuts. Is there something to suggest they did not do this?