199 replies to this topic

#121 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

why?

Well why do you think the giants felt like they were playing a home game against us this year?

#122 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Beason better do what is needed of him. Especially given his injury history and that Jason Phillips is perfectly capable of starting and being a tackling machine

No hes not man. Hes a liability. That man cant cover no ground.
Whats up with fans thinking these "ST" guys can play? They're nothing but ST player. Get that in your mind. They're no diamond in the rough.

#123 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,651 posts

Anderson is small potatoes. What isn't, is there are two OLBs now that have an injury history.

Gettleman best address that.

Pretty sick and tired of hearing 'Hurney did this, Hurney caused that. Fox this and Fox that'.

My tickets cost the same.

As I just wrote the check for $4200 for this year's tickets, i really have to ask myself what I am doing.

I expect Gettleman and Rivera to put a competitive, at least 8-8 or 9-7 team on the field this year. I don't want to hear excuses why they don't.

I suspect that is were a lot of PSL holders are coming from.

If cutting Anderson takes away a win next season, but the players we get add 2 or three wins over the coming years, it's the better decision period.

I'm sorry your tickets are expensive. But making decisions with only one season in mind is how teams stay mediocre or bad.

#124 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,296 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Then it balloons to 15 in years two and three...

well....if he was a great QB it would be fine.

I am not worried about Cam. Give him a fat deal if he does something this year. A big deal on a young great QB can be tinkered with along the way. They could throw cash at him along the way in minor reworks.

#125 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

This cut was all about next year. It isn't a June 1st cut. The Panthers are saving only 200K this year, but next year they save a lot. My guess is this cut was more about not wanting James Anderson and wanting to move into a new direction.

Very likely. Man, I am so impressed with Gettlemen--this reflects a healthy attutude. Nextt year, we have Hardy's contract, Lafell etc.

Gross is the key to a severe man crush on DG.

#126 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Okay with this. He'll be missed though, seemed like a great guy

#127 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

There were signs of this--Panthers talked to a LB at the EW game, re-signed Senn. I guess J. Willliams has some job security. Folks, Beason, Kuechly, and Davis. That is scary.

#128 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

This one wasn't surprising Hurney over paid for Anderson, Anderson was good and a hard worker but nothing special and with Beason coming back he would end up being a very expensive backup.

I'm most curious about Gross, we really in one way cant afford to keep him and let him go at the same time, it's one reason why I think Gross knows this too and is willing to gamble that they don't cut him and bite the bullet.

#129 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Folks, Beason, Kuechly, and Davis. That is scary.

The scary part is 2 out of 3 have serious health issues.

#130 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Well, I called the poo out of this months ago.

#131 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

The scary part is 2 out of 3 have serious health issues.

Sure, so we need some depth.

Here is the good news: Beason's achilles injury is 2 years old--the other should be healed. I never expected much last year because I have been around a few achilles injuries.

Davis is the one who scares me more, but he did get through a season on that knee. I think knee surgeries made some rather drastic improvements over the last 2 years or so. Davis, Peterson, etc. increcible. All guesses, but...

But yeah, the reality is we need depth who can play. Anderson would have been great depth, but not at $3 m.

#132 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,560 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

why?

Don't get me wrong.
I respect those who have invested in this team personally for PSL's and tickets.

That said.
Wins are not part of the sales pitch.

#133 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,993 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

wild shot in the dark, but could they be releasing James Anderson to be bringing in Dan Conner who was cut from the cowboys?

#134 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

wild shot in the dark, but could they be releasing James Anderson to be bringing in Dan Conner who was cut from the cowboys?

Maybe, but I don't really think so because Gettleman doesn't have any ties to him and Connor is more a middle linebacker than an outside guy.

#135 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,705 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Anderson was a solid player, but Jason Phillips was solid filling in for him at the end of the year. With Kuechly, TD, and Beason for passing downs and Phillips a solid choice to come back on the cheap it made sense to let him go. Good luck wherever you land James!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com