Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pranksters record Bills GM Nix and Bucs GM Dominik talking Free Agency

20 posts in this topic

Posted

http://deadspin.com/pranksters-record-two-nfl-gms-discussing-free-agency-ov-452366184

Uh...wow.

1 person likes this

Posted

Illegal, right?

Posted

^ I think so.

Posted

Those boys could be in for a heap of federal charges against them.

Posted

Very surprising. There's some fuzzy legality here.

Posted

I can't wait to hear how they pulled this off legally. Even if you download a phone recording app, you have to read a bunch of stuff about how you can't record anyone without them agreeing to it first.

Posted

do people at deadspin ever stop working lol

Posted

it's a thin line, but federal law only requires the consent of one party to record a phone call...

...and since technically all the phone calls were made by the pranksters, they only need permission from themselves to record it.

but i'm sure the whole impersonating a different person thing comes into play somewhere.

Posted

When did prank calling become illegal? It's not their fault the two GMs are idiots.

Posted

I think I always pictured that GMs were holding a lot back from the media, but this wasn't much different than what those guys say in actual inteviews. Minus the talk of the tackle Dominik was actively shopping.

Posted

Pretty sure that it's legal. Like the above said, only need one party to consent, and since it was a three way call, that's the pranksters. Also remember it was Buddy Nix who called them back.

Posted

lol i just heard all of it... hard to believe Nix is as dumb as half the people on here talking of signing every FA and player available