carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,201 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Cut it out both of you.

It's not me. The man have been on me the last 3-4 days non stop.

#47 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Cut it out both of you.

Done, I'll just block him reading his posting gives me a headache.

#48 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Done, I'll just block him reading his posting gives me a headache.

It's not me. The man have been on me the last 3-4 days non stop.

Don't care.

STFU @ each other :)

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,201 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Don't care.

STFU @ each other :)

Lol really appreciate it Kurb

#50 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Remember I am the nice Admin.

#51 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,088 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Godfrey's deal is pretty cheap for this year. I don't think it makes sense to dump him now especially given that we already have a need for one safety spot. Now his price blows up next year so I can see him getting cut then.

Williams and Hangartner are both very good backups. I don't want either of them starting but you can do a LOT worse for backups. Given that they aren't making all that much money after you pay to replace them you barely save anything. I'd prefer to keep them both.

Beason's deal is a monstrosity, the only option we'd have would be to ask him to take a paycut, but he's already said he won't do that. Basically we just have to suck it up for this year and re-evaluate next season.

The only cap moves I see left to make are to make DWill a June 1 cut and ask Gross to take a reasonably sized paycut (paycut not restructure).

#52 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,503 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Beason's deal is a monstrosity, the only option we'd have would be to ask him to take a paycut, but he's already said he won't do that. Basically we just have to suck it up for this year and re-evaluate next season.

He did ?

#53 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

According to http://www.spotrac.c...nthers/cap-hit/ as of 12:30 p.m and the latest announced move we are 4.08 million unde the cap.

Once we restrucuture Gross I forsee that number coming closer to 7-10 million.

Geoff Hangartner saves 1.575 million if cut.
Gary Williams saves 1.125 million if cut
Kenny Onatulu saves 775k if cut.
Jason Williams saves 715k if cut.
Gettis,Armanti and Bruce Campbell each would save 630k a piece if cut.

http://www.overtheca...thers&Year=2013

Nobody else saves more 570k if cut unless done as a June 1st cut which means carrying dead money into 2014.

Players who have little to no reason to restrucure.

Beason:

We have 0 leverage with Beason because 3.75 million of 13 salary is fully guaranteed. His base salary is only 5.25 million total.

So if we cut him all he has to is find some one willing to pay him 1.51 millon per year or more and he wins(not mention at least some would be guaranteed). Meanwhile we would have to eat the 3.75 million guaranteed for this year plus the 12 million in dead money from his signing bonus.

Next year makes much more sense to part ways with beason, when the the dead money drops from the current 15.75 million to just 8 million.

Smith: His 13 and 14 salary are fully guaranteed.

Charles Johnson: His massive signing bonus,plus he's earning his $$

Players who could potentially but not likely restructure.

Deangelo Williams:
He could but it would make his agent an idiot or require us commiting more guaranteed money to him on our part. Best to leave this one alone.

He can only lower his base salary and would only do that in exchange for more future guarantee which presents a no win situation for either party in this situation.

Thomas Davis:
maybe they can maybe they can't. His contract is weird. He earned escalators that bumped his salary and as far as I know we have to pay them even if he's cut because he earned them last season but did not hit our cap yet.

If you go to the original link from above nobody else has a base salary thats worth fooling with(base salary and workout bonuses are the only figures we can lower in a restructure).

Our rookies are gonna run about 4 million this year unless we trade up or down in the draft so keep that in mind as well too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Rookie money comes from a different pot all together? I never really read up fully on the new "salary cap" for rookie contracts.

#54 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,600 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Rookie money comes from a different pot all together? I never really read up fully on the new "salary cap" for rookie contracts.

You're confused. There's what's called a "Rookie Pool" which limits the amount that any team can pay towards rookie contracts, but said contracts still count against the overall team salary cap.

#55 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Guys I wish you would stop with the Cut Gross crap. Is he getting up in age yes. Is he still one of the best Lt's in the game yes. Do starting LT's grow on trees to his skill set HELL NO. He had a rookie LG next tom him last year and that's hard for any LT to deal with . He no longer has Wharton who (Oh BTW) played as a LT before and filled in as a LT when Gross went down.

Now would I like to see him restructure his contract yes for the betterment of the team. Is there any LT FA out there right now that is equal or an upgrade to Gross, NO.

#56 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,652 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

We won't touch his contract this year because it does not make sense for either side, if that's too dramatic for you I'm sorry.

2014 is a whole other story and the leverage shifts our way.

I believe Gettelman weighed the option of cutting him vs Anderson and the decision has obviously been made.

"We won't touch his contract this year because it does not make sense for either side"????

it makes a ton of sense for either side.

for beason it's all about job security. for the panthers it's all about saving money. both have a lot of incentive to work something out for even this year.

we have leverage because beason's best chance for a multi-year deal is here and you better believe that is at the forefront of his mind. he hits the market and he's a one year stop gap. we cut him lose and we split the cap hit between two seasons and still have money to replace a replaceable player.

#57 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

the only option we'd have would be to ask him to take a paycut, but he's already said he won't do that.

He did ?

When Rolla?

#58 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

"We won't touch his contract this year because it does not make sense for either side"????

it makes a ton of sense for either side.

for beason it's all about job security. for the panthers it's all about saving money. both have a lot of incentive to work something out for even this year.

we have leverage because beason's best chance for a multi-year deal is here and you better believe that is at the forefront of his mind. he hits the market and he's a one year stop gap. we cut him lose and we split the cap hit between two seasons and still have money to replace a replaceable player.

First of all I am not riled up over this and I hope you are not..........

I fail to understand what your saying or you fail to understand what I am saying,not sure what's going on here but I would like to get on the same page if possible.

So here's how I am looking at it/ understand it(I am open to being wrong)

In a restructure the only thing that can be changed is the base salary and workout bonus.

Right now his base salary of 5.25 million and workout bonus is 250k.. So those 2 combined is 5.5 million.

Theres a clause in his contract that makes 3.75 million of his base salary fully guaranteed.(per roto world) So if we threaten to cut him if he won't take a paycut, he can/should gladly say cut me and give me my 3.75 million. Then we also have the 12 million in signing bonus yet to hit our cap. So if we cut him thats 15.75 million in dead money.

His cap hit this year is only 9.5 million. If we split the 12 million over 2 years 6 million this year and 6 million next year and then add in the 3.75 fully guaranteed were taking a cap hit of 9.75 million. Thats 275k more than if we leave it alone. On top of that we have 6 million in dead space next year and stuck looking for a new starting LB.

He is basically on a 1 year contract with us as well. We can cut him for 8 million in dead money next year vs the 15.75 million this year. So even if he agreed to reduce his base salary for us this year then we can still cut him next year which = 0 benefit for him. The only way he would agree to such a thing is for further guarantee we wont cut him next year and only way to do that is to give him guaranteed money, which =o benefit for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com