58 replies to this topic

#1 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:13 AM

This neo-Nazi guy who shot up the Holocaust Museum the other day. He's now saying he knows of other shootings planned to take place. Sounds like terrorism to me. Shouldn't we waterboard him to obtain the information of when, where and who?

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,509 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:20 AM

This neo-Nazi guy who shot up the Holocaust Museum the other day. He's now saying he knows of other shootings planned to take place. Sounds like terrorism to me. Shouldn't we waterboard him to obtain the information of when, where and who?

If we can't break him with rubber hose beating then that would be a solid option.

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,080 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

Just line up some black gay dudes to start taking turns kissing him.

#4 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,066 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

I couldn't care less what you do to him. He's trash, much like what was water boarded at Gitmo.

#5 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

That is seriously a great idea.

#6 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:09 AM

Ding ding ding! We have a winner folks!

:smilielol5:

#7 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

I don't understand why you would think we'd have a problem with it, and I don't understand why you would have a problem with it. If he actually did say what you say he said, then you make sure.

#8 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

Have at it. Though, I think most of these types are working alone.

#9 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

I don't understand why you would think we'd have a problem with it, and I don't understand why you would have a problem with it. If he actually did say what you say he said, then you make sure.

So then we're all okay with the idea of torturing American citizens to obtain information?

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

So then we're all okay with the idea of torturing American citizens to obtain information?

I got news for you. Happens all the time. Cops beat the poo out of someone if they know they have information that can save an innocent person's life.

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,947 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

:lol:... racist... :P

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,617 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

IMO, torture should be a last resort, but I am unwilling to forbid it completely. If they think he is serious about it, and really does have relevant information, then I would torture and suffer whatever consequences the legal authorities might deem fit. Of course the situations were it might actually do some good are extremely rare.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 14 June 2009 - 07:26 PM.

#13 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

IMO, torture should be a last resort, but I am unwilling to forbid it completely. If they think he is serious about it, and really does have relevant information, then I would torture and suffer whatever consequences the legal authorities might deem fit. Of course the situations were it might actually do some good are extremely rare.

How does one define torture?

Pulling fingernails? I think we'd all say yes.

Waterboarding? We do that to Navy Seals.

Punching a suspect over and over again?

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

That's like saying you don't like the idea of your wife sleeping with other people, but you'd hate to disallow her from doing it (in general. I know little to nothing about your wife).

You either don't allow torture or you do. There is no gray area.

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,617 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

That's like saying you don't like the idea of your wife sleeping with other people, but you'd hate to disallow her from doing it (in general. I know little to nothing about your wife). .

No, its nothing like that, not even a little bit. Torture is like War. It sucks, you hate to do it, because it causes a lot of pain, but there are occasions when it might be a necessary evil.

You either don't allow torture or you do. There is no gray area.

I thought only religious conservatives and siths deal in absolutes? IMO, there are plenty of gray areas in many things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com