Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhillyB

Antoine Winfield cut by the Vikings

PhillyB    40,346

Possible Panthers pickup? Veteran presence, big need... maybe toss a cheap one-year deal at him and see if he'll bite?

Dex    12,014

Get off your ass Hurney and sign the man!

PhillyB    40,346

I'd give him one year 3mil if he'd take it. It'd make captain expendable and instantly solidify our secondary.

CRA    12,166

I still don't think we touch a FA until we see someone of substance restructure....

We only are under the cap by what, 3-4 mill? Anderson is a June 1 so his space only helps later toward the start and that FA grab

rayzor    10,299

the guy played over 1000 snaps last year and didnt have any TDs scored on him. plus he's one of the best corners in the league against the run.

yeah, he's toast.

pstall    5,759

too bad its 2013. but Antoine is one of my fav non Panthers of the last several years. he and Ed Reed.

rayzor    10,299

too bad its 2013. but Antoine is one of my fav non Panthers of the last several years. he and Ed Reed.

the thing is, both would be immediate and significant upgrades to what we have, and would be the short term, probably low cost pick ups gettleman talked about acquiring.

these are the type guys we need to plug holes with while we draft bpas.

pstall    5,759

oh i agree he is an upgrade. i wish it was 2006 for him skill level wise but yes he can help.