WR Heyward-Bey & DB Huff Released By Oakland

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#76 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,631 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

And Campbell can throw it downfield ,as I've already cited. In the years being discussed 2010 vs 2012, Campbell threw it downfield more successfullly and with more frequncy then Palmer. If 2012 Palmer is a good enough deep passer for Bey to be fairly evaluated then so is 2010 Campbell.

then why did the WR corps numbers double in yards and triple in TDs Palmers first season?

#77 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

I said he can only be fairly evaluated with a QB who can throw downfield....

Campbell era isn't the time frame to judge him...he was a rookie/sophomore with a QB who struggles going to WRs.

Again, if Campbell went DOWNFIELD so much more than Palmer and was good at it....the WR corps numbers wouldn't of doubled and tripled under Palmer. Which they did.

Going downfield POORLY....and having pass attempts to nowhere b/c you suck.....doesn' t mean anything.

Here is your arguement.....Jimmy Clausen launched 10 balls downfield. Cam Newton threw 7. Jimmy throws downfield better than Cam.

No.

I never made the argument that attempts means your better. Feel free to show the post where.
I used attempts to counter your argument that he doesn't throw the ball downfield. Furthermore I said attempt percentage. ( How many attempts deep per dropback ).
This would be the equlivent analogy:

Newton throws a deep attempt percentage of 16.6. Clausen throws 7.8 percentage . Therfore Newton throws the ball deep more often then Clausen.

I said Campbell was more successfull because he had a higher completion percentage on deep throws then Palmer.
The equlivent analogy:

Newton completes 66.7 percent of his deep throws. Clausen completes 60.7 of his. Therefore Newton is more succesfull at throwing deep balls.

#78 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

How does 336 yards and 1 TD=chemistry? Murphy is really only good for a fly route, a one trick pony, and he is also very well known for his drops.

Name a number three, in their first year with the team that has procduced more. I am talking third on the depth chart, not a slot guy like Welker. The touchdown he caught from Cam was a slant so that throws a wrench in your one trick pony argument. You winners want DHB and you are talking about drops.

#79 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

DH-B could be a real steal...he has speed that's for sure.

Swap ex Raider for ex Raider, release Murphy, sign DH-B

As far as Huff Id say he could probably start here at the CB position...

#80 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Doesn't work that way...2009 DHB was a rookie....he then worked his way into being a clearly better option than Murphy. Murphy played in 11 games in 2011 with laughable production....they cut him. DHB by that point had clearly beat him out. You are going backwards in time.....it is like saying Moose beat out Steve Smith and backtracking when Steve was a noob in 2002.

He isn't my boy. He isn't very good. He is just better than Murphy.....doesn't matter how many times you reference an article from the Campbell era.

Murphy was a rookie that year too you imbecile. He got hurt in 2011, which is why his production was not high. Are you that thrilled about Bey that you are ignoring facts? Don't respond if that is how post
on the board.

#81 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

then why did the WR corps numbers double in yards and triple in TDs Palmers first season?

Different coach and system, one that mirrors ours. Hue Jackson was the coach for that season remember. Do you ignore blatant facts in all your posts? I am just wondering.

#82 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

He's got bad hands, can't run more than run route, and has scored 11 touchdowns in 4 years. I don't see the appeal.

Moss made a killing by just running a few routes now the hands I will agree with dhb doesn't seem to have very reliable hands I'd like to know his catch percent if some one can find it

#83 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Moss made a killing by just running a few routes now the hands I will agree with dhb doesn't seem to have very reliable hands I'd like to know his catch percent if some one can find it

LOL, now DHB is Randy Moss? Are you kidding? The production isn't there. Not even close.

#84 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

then what is Murphy then? We are just talking about upgrading what we have...

and Steve Smith averaged 39 yards per game in 2010 in his "prime". You don't think DHB being young with a bad TE/RB checkdown QB should be taken into account?

Smitty had a track record of excellence outside of 2010. DHB has none of that. When skills are apparent, you can start making excuses based on the play of others. But he doesn't have those. He's never been a game-changer, and he's got one trick. I don't see the comparison.

Murphy's not good, but why spend money to go from not good to not good?

#85 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

I didn't actually look at the stats, I was just assuming.

But I don't see why you wouldn't want him. His potential is through the roof, and an offense like ours could harness that potential.

I don't think his potential is through the roof, though. He doesn't have good hands. He doesn't run good routes. He's just fast, and that's not enough.

#86 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

LOL, now DHB is Randy Moss? Are you kidding? The production isn't there. Not even close.

No I'm saying the fact that dhb is a vertical threat type reciever meaning he runs more vertical routes (like moss who made a career of beating coverages deep) he is unlike moss because he has unreliable hands which I said was the problem and it has been a problem since he was drafted.

#87 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,631 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

No.

I never made the argument that attempts means your better. Feel free to show the post where.
I used attempts to counter your argument that he doesn't throw the ball downfield. Furthermore I said attempt percentage. ( How many attempts deep per dropback ).
This would be the equlivent analogy:

Newton throws a deep attempt percentage of 16.6. Clausen throws 7.8 percentage . Therfore Newton throws the ball deep more often then Clausen.

I said Campbell was more successfull because he had a higher completion percentage on deep throws then Palmer.
The equlivent analogy:

Newton completes 66.7 percent of his deep throws. Clausen completes 60.7 of his. Therefore Newton is more succesfull at throwing deep balls.

yes, you are claiming b/c you technically throw the ball unsuccessfully downfield.....it means you are a good downfield passer.

Campbell sucks balls at throwing downfield to WRs. That is a fact. Him having unsuccessful pass attempts or throwaways doesn't dispute it.

Again, it is why the numbers for WRs doubled and tripled when Palmer took over. Palmer can throw downfield. Throwing downfield means having success.....

#88 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,631 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Smitty had a track record of excellence outside of 2010. DHB has none of that. When skills are apparent, you can start making excuses based on the play of others. But he doesn't have those. He's never been a game-changer, and he's got one trick. I don't see the comparison.

Murphy's not good, but why spend money to go from not good to not good?

if cost turns out to be ultimately the same at the position....why not improve from not good to slightly better (with more potential) at a spot?

QB play matters when judging WRs. Just does. You don't have to be a superstar. The entire WR corp in Oakland OVERALL was night and day more productive once Mr. TE/RB checkdown Campbell was gone.

#89 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,631 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Different coach and system, one that mirrors ours. Hue Jackson was the coach for that season remember. Do you ignore blatant facts in all your posts? I am just wondering.

Different QB. Oakland ran a vertical passing scheme when Campbell was there....Campbell has simply always been more productive throwing down to TEs/RBs. That is why he didn't work out in Oak. It is why Palmer rolled off his couch, didn't know the playbook, and immeidately was more productive downfield than Campbell in midseason of 2011. They pulled a Vinny T with Palmer. When from the couch to gameday starter.

Tell me, what was different about there passing scheme in 2010 vs 2012? Different coach yes. Scheme were different but still were of the same principles. Irrevelvant fact in this discussion.

#90 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

the bottom line of this forum is the DHB and Huff would no doubt be immediate upgrades to our current roster. no arguing that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com