• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#46 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Fug it lets draft him. I'm a believer that if you produce in college and also tear up the combine you will succeed in the nfl. Austin did both with flying colors. Dude just make plays, you can never have enough of those guys on your team

#47 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Fug it lets draft him. I'm a believer that if you produce in college and also tear up the combine you will succeed in the nfl. Austin did both with flying colors. Dude just make plays, you can never have enough of those guys on your team

Shhh don't tell some people that. Some just know him cause he runs fast and everyone knows you can get a fast guy in the 6th rd.

In all seriousness I would be cool with the pick obviously but also realize if a guy like star or warmack is there it would be hard to pass on them. It will be fun to see where our new gm goes with his first pick but I'd be willing to guess its one of the lines since he emphasized that's how he learned to build a team

#48 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

For this who have only known of him from sportscenter or combine results please see the thread in NFL Free Agency .

See Tavon Austin's Oklahoma game and see his explosion and game chaning ability and then say...ill only take him in the second. If he lasts till late then a good team could become great as he is Percy Harvin, Steve Smith in terms of explosive change of direction, body control and fighting for passes in the air. Wish he was taller but oh well!!

If Target guys are not there Austin is a fantastic choice at 14 bc he will not be there in the second. Trading down is not a likley option.

#49 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

He reminds me a lot of Steve Smith but these little receivers are never a sure fire thing.

I' prefer a safer pick.

#50 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

lol....arguing over whether he compares more to wallace or harvin and at the same time saying wouldn't take him until the 2nd.

its all lol and derpy derp at this point. who looks like who and where he goes is harmless spec.

#51 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

For this who have only known of him from sportscenter or combine results please see the thread in NFL Free Agency .

See Tavon Austin's Oklahoma game and see his explosion and game chaning ability and then say...ill only take him in the second. If he lasts till late then a good team could become great as he is Percy Harvin, Steve Smith in terms of explosive change of direction, body control and fighting for passes in the air. Wish he was taller but oh well!!

If Target guys are not there Austin is a fantastic choice at 14 bc he will not be there in the second. Trading down is not a likley option.

For all the lazy people..

#52 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Guy in undoubtedly a playmaker, his cutting ability shows shades of Barry Sanders. However, for a QB that throws the ball notoriously high, do we really want 2 sub 5'10 receivers starting? Seattle has started changing the trend of smaller CBs, would this guy be able to get off a jam by Richard Sherman? Or would he only be able to play slot? That's the question.

#53 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

I would love to get Tavon Austin. He could give Cam a GREAT slot receiver and another elite play-maker.

#54 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,333 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Whenever I watch Tavon one of the things I frequently noticed is that he rarely took any big body shots or hits. He was pretty smart about getting out of bounds to avoid contact when no extra yards could be gained and he is just so elusive and fast that quite frankly it is very difficult to get a good lick on him. I do worry about his durability to some extent, though. Hoping he could gain and sustain another 10-15 pounds on his frame.

Yep. Tavon, from what I've seen, has been smart in avoiding big hits. Incidentally, DeAnthony Thomas has not. So it'll be interesting to see how their small frames fare against vicious DEs and LBs. If Getts thinks Austin is special, then I'm fine with him being taken 14th overall.

#55 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

everytime i watch the OK highlights i think hmm maybe 14th pick is a steal... but its tuff because there still might be star, rhodes or j jones etc..

#56 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Although I hate "blacklisting" certain schools, how many players have lit it up at WVU and done nothing in the NFL lately? Noel Devine(who did this same thing to people in college), Pat White, Slaton, Pacman, whatever that Fullbacks' name was, and our own Brandon Hogan. Are there any productive WVU players in the NFL right now?

#57 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Austin would be a hell of a weapon on offense. But I'd only take him if we bring in a solid receiving option. Jennings, or maybe bring in Ramses Barden . Someone with some size.

Actually lets just take Austin with the 1st pick and Hopkins in the second and have the WR spot done once and for all.

#58 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

http://en.wikipedia....iversity_alumni

you can nit pick all you want but wv has a pretty nice history of football talent imo

chris henry was a star in the making

#59 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Although I hate "blacklisting" certain schools, how many players have lit it up at WVU and done nothing in the NFL lately? Noel Devine(who did this same thing to people in college), Pat White, Slaton, Pacman, whatever that Fullbacks' name was, and our own Brandon Hogan. Are there any productive WVU players in the NFL right now?

Pat mcafee and Bruce Irvin. Yes Irvin is just 1 year in but I'd say 8 sacks (I think that was his total) is pretty productive. And yes pat is a Punter but he also got franchise tagged so I guess he's doing something right. Plus you just named mostly guys from the rich rod era where anybody could've run through the holes our oline opened up. Holgorsen as a coach has had some pretty good players you might have heard of (welker, Crabtree, Blackmon, weeden) and he speaks of tavon with those guys so ill trust his judgement

#60 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

http://en.wikipedia....iversity_alumni

you can nit pick all you want but wv has a pretty nice history of football talent imo

chris henry was a star in the making

Couldn't agree more. He was probably the most talented. It was a shame he couldn't ever get everything straight with himself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.