• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,472 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

I would argue the point that we have a true front office architecture but alas I do not work for them or know the inner working.

Funny this is the one conspiracy theory you have a hard time believing in

#32 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,535 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

I would argue the point that we have a true front office architecture but alas I do not work for them or know the inner working.

Funny this is the one conspiracy theory you have a hard time believing in

Heh, you have no idea what I believe and don't believe. Just because I argue a point doesn't mean that I believe it.

That aside, I do believe my position in this particular argument.

#33 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,472 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

And I do mine. Which is why we have Gettleman and not a younger more promising GM

#34 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,535 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

And I do mine. Which is why we have Gettleman and not a younger more promising GM

More promising? Gettleman is probably the most qualified person in the league from a player personnel perspective. What exactly is not promising about him?

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,472 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

So qualified and driven he took a step back in the Giants Org because he never thought he'd be given the chance to be a GM in the NFL...which makes him the perfect Richardson puppet when we dangled the GM carrot.

Same goes for Rivera.

Why spend the money on quality when there are deals to be had and pawns to buy

#36 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

You don't get to be as crappy of a franchise as we are by one component going bad. We are a perfect storm of ineptitude.

#37 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Interesting Article to go along with Floppin and Panthro's argument:

http://charlotte.cbs...nd-the-curtain/

#38 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,448 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

His biggest fault was giving the car keys to Hurney

#39 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,826 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

yeah i can totally see his heart heart transplant effecting the team since he's not just the owner but the GM and HC as well.

lol

heart transplant has nothing to do with our sucking and everything to do with who he had under employment and bad management decisions in not firing hurney when he let fox go and let hurney hire the next coach who he apparently thought would do the same thing the same way as fox.

reading too much into it there, panthro.

#40 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,448 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

"When Andrew Luck decided to stay in school, it was Jerry Richardson that called him to ask if the organization had played a role in his decision"

^^^ From the article JR just posted. I had no idea Jerry called Luck to see if his infamous pie chart press conference caused him to stay in school.

#41 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

The biggest mistake we made was not throwing as much money as it took to get Jim Harbaugh. That's a pretty huge blunder at a time we could have added both a franchise QB and franchise head coach all in one offseason. Instead, we've likely lost most of Cam's rookie contract on Rivera.

#42 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,448 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

The biggest mistake we made was not throwing as much money as it took to get Jim Harbaugh. That's a pretty huge blunder at a time we could have added both a franchise QB and franchise head coach all in one offseason. Instead, we've likely lost most of Cam's rookie contract on Rivera.

Not only did we pass on him but JR insulted him with the whole "Who's Jim Harbaugh?" comment. JR seems to make a lot of not well thought out comments. Like the claim he insulted Brees (which I am in favor of) and waterhead Manning at the collective bargaining table.

#43 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

"When Andrew Luck decided to stay in school, it was Jerry Richardson that called him to ask if the organization had played a role in his decision"

^^^ From the article JR just posted. I had no idea Jerry called Luck to see if his infamous pie chart press conference caused him to stay in school.

The pie chart incident was over a month later than Lucks announcement to stay in school. Secondly, the writer of that "ariticle" is the marble mouthed moron they have in the background doing sound or whatever on the WFNZ morning show. It's not like he is an investigative reporter. I'm pretty sure he just made that up since it was likely nobody would stumble upon is ranting on that obscure site.

#44 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Not only did we pass on him but JR insulted him with the whole "Who's Jim Harbaugh?" comment. JR seems to make a lot of not well thought out comments. Like the claim he insulted Brees (which I am in favor of) and waterhead Manning at the collective bargaining table.

It was reported before Richardson said those things that Harbaugh had turned down a request to interview with the Panthers.I am not sure why nobody ever remembers this point.

#45 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

It was reported before Richardson said those things that Harbaugh had turned down a request to interview with the Panthers.I am not sure why nobody ever remembers this point.

I think Harbaugh had also turned down Michigan at that point and said he wasn't taking a job outside of California.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.