#46 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,566 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

It was reported before Richardson said those things that Harbaugh had turned down a request to interview with the Panthers.I am not sure why nobody ever remembers this point.

Who cares about the timing of it? Be a businessman and wish the guy luck don't insult him publicly.

#47 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,170 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

All this surgery talk is silly. Fact is though, Richardson leaves a lot to be desired at this point.

As for Harbaugh, if I recall he is good friends with Bill Polian. He was never coming here regardless.

#48 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,508 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Was wondering about the same thing two days ago

#49 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

I know it is the natural thing for fans to do, but when things are going bad I don't think we should run around like Jim Valvano after the '83 NC game looking for someone to blame (march madness on my brain ;))

It is always bigger than one guy, whether it be a coach, GM, Owner, QB, etc. it is always a collective effort, and even when things are going a little rough doesn't mean one or all of those guys are incompetent.

We finally for the first time in franchise history have a guy that will be a true franchise QB (all due respect to Jake). Now we have to fill in the pieces around him.

#50 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

I do believe Gettleman is somewhat of a hollow suit. There is a reason young up and comers were not beating down the door (or really interviewed)...I mean we already have a franchise QB. Jerry (to me) wanted a yes man and anyone with youth and huge potential would want control to do things the their way.

I would love to be proven wrong ala Luke Kuechly

I think your on to something here.

#51 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,101 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

It doesn't matter who has come and gone with this team, everything about it and the way it works has stayed the same.

I didn't even know it was an issue of debate with Richardson.

#52 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,508 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Please don't be the next Art Modell

#53 ncguy2184

ncguy2184

Mmmm BoJangles......

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach S.C

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

I hate to say it and i HOPE im wrong but how its looking right now im 50/50 on rivera getting shown the door by week 6 next season our team is less talented now than it was last year but yes i know there is still the draft and some scrub players we pick up.

#54 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

If JR was as committed to this team as much as he is drinking his bojangles tea, we would be undefeated every year.

#55 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

It's funny thinking about JR and loyalty when the first thing he did when he came back from surgery was to fire his sons.

But I think Panthro is pretty on-target with most of his observations here. Organizations all develop personalities, and they generally come from the top. And if you think about the Panthers, most of our issues over the past several years have had to do with either being too loyal to staff and players, and refusing to believe that it wasn't mutual.

Richardson demands loyalty. And he wants a "family" environment, with nice, predictable coaches and players who will win games, not offend anyone, and be good citizens. He doesn't want anyone who'll shake the boat, or who won't respect the chain of command. Do you really think Harbaugh has an ounce of yes-man in him? Or the respect for authority that a guy from a military family like Rivera has?

Richardson really, really wants to win--I'm sure of that. But I'm also sure he thinks he has to be the guy to make that happen.

#56 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,508 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

JR hasn't really been the same since his new heart. Its Kinda immature to talk about, but It's seriously something to think about.

#57 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,508 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

If JR was as committed to this team as much as he is drinking his bojangles tea, we would be undefeated every year.

LoL!!!

#58 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,581 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

JR hasn't really been the same since his new heart. Its Kinda immature to talk about, but It's seriously something to think about.

What immature about it? So...do you think you would be the same person after having a heart transplant? You would probably go about things a bit differently than before...I would.

#59 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

It would be immature if we were making fun of him for it, but no one's doing that. It's just being identified as a significant event in JR's life that's probably changed his perspective on how he views things, for right or wrong.

I think it may have given him a greater sense of urgency, but if you ask me, the lockout and his desire to protect his employees spawned more bad decisions on his part than the surgery did. If he was more of a jerk, the franchise would probably be in better shape right now.

#60 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,936 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

I do believe Gettleman is somewhat of a hollow suit. There is a reason young up and comers were not beating down the door (or really interviewed)...I mean we already have a franchise QB. Jerry (to me) wanted a yes man and anyone with youth and huge potential would want control to do things the their way.

I would love to be proven wrong ala Luke Kuechly

Marc Ross interviewed for the job twice. Nobody hired him anywhere else either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.