• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Catalyst

Catalyst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMorehead City
HUDDLER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

The biggest mistake we made was not throwing as much money as it took to get Jim Harbaugh. That's a pretty huge blunder at a time we could have added both a franchise QB and franchise head coach all in one offseason. Instead, we've likely lost most of Cam's rookie contract on Rivera.

#42 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

The biggest mistake we made was not throwing as much money as it took to get Jim Harbaugh. That's a pretty huge blunder at a time we could have added both a franchise QB and franchise head coach all in one offseason. Instead, we've likely lost most of Cam's rookie contract on Rivera.

Not only did we pass on him but JR insulted him with the whole "Who's Jim Harbaugh?" comment. JR seems to make a lot of not well thought out comments. Like the claim he insulted Brees (which I am in favor of) and waterhead Manning at the collective bargaining table.

#43 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

"When Andrew Luck decided to stay in school, it was Jerry Richardson that called him to ask if the organization had played a role in his decision"

^^^ From the article JR just posted. I had no idea Jerry called Luck to see if his infamous pie chart press conference caused him to stay in school.

The pie chart incident was over a month later than Lucks announcement to stay in school. Secondly, the writer of that "ariticle" is the marble mouthed moron they have in the background doing sound or whatever on the WFNZ morning show. It's not like he is an investigative reporter. I'm pretty sure he just made that up since it was likely nobody would stumble upon is ranting on that obscure site.

#44 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Not only did we pass on him but JR insulted him with the whole "Who's Jim Harbaugh?" comment. JR seems to make a lot of not well thought out comments. Like the claim he insulted Brees (which I am in favor of) and waterhead Manning at the collective bargaining table.

It was reported before Richardson said those things that Harbaugh had turned down a request to interview with the Panthers.I am not sure why nobody ever remembers this point.

#45 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

HUDDLER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

It was reported before Richardson said those things that Harbaugh had turned down a request to interview with the Panthers.I am not sure why nobody ever remembers this point.

I think Harbaugh had also turned down Michigan at that point and said he wasn't taking a job outside of California.

#46 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Who cares about the timing of it? Be a businessman and wish the guy luck don't insult him publicly.

#47 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

All this surgery talk is silly. Fact is though, Richardson leaves a lot to be desired at this point.

As for Harbaugh, if I recall he is good friends with Bill Polian. He was never coming here regardless.

#48 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Was wondering about the same thing two days ago

#49 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

I know it is the natural thing for fans to do, but when things are going bad I don't think we should run around like Jim Valvano after the '83 NC game looking for someone to blame (march madness on my brain ;))

It is always bigger than one guy, whether it be a coach, GM, Owner, QB, etc. it is always a collective effort, and even when things are going a little rough doesn't mean one or all of those guys are incompetent.

We finally for the first time in franchise history have a guy that will be a true franchise QB (all due respect to Jake). Now we have to fill in the pieces around him.

#50 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

I do believe Gettleman is somewhat of a hollow suit. There is a reason young up and comers were not beating down the door (or really interviewed)...I mean we already have a franchise QB. Jerry (to me) wanted a yes man and anyone with youth and huge potential would want control to do things the their way.

I would love to be proven wrong ala Luke Kuechly

I think your on to something here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users