16 replies to this topic

#1 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Just caught the tail end of what sounded like a great interview with Cam and Cecil Newton on the Mac Attack this morning... doubt they have posted the link yet, but when they do it's worth a listen.

Having Cecil be a part of the interview seemed to put Cam at ease and really brought out his personality.

#2 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Listened to the whole thing. It was really good. Cecil was giving Cam a hard time about how his mother and him had not seen Cam's mid term grades and Cam couldn't go on spring break until they did haha

#3 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

I was trying to weigh sitting in my office parking lot and listening (awkwardly) or catching it later today online

#4 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,232 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

Said he believes in the front offices approach to free agency

Wants Gross back

Has no intention of leaving, loves the QC and doesn't want to leave something unfinished.

Got upset on the sideline because when all the work he put in in preparation didn't pay off he got "ticked off"

Really excited for Shula. Shula has been around him for two years now and knows how he thinks and how he reacts.

That's all I remember off the top of my head.

#5 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Listened to the whole thing. It was really good. Cecil was giving Cam a hard time about how his mother and him had not seen Cam's mid term grades and Cam couldn't go on spring break until they did haha

This had me cracking up.
Listening to Cam talk about his goals always makes me feel better about the future of the Panthers. For some reason, I just always believe him when he says he's going to succeed.

#6 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I was trying to weigh sitting in my office parking lot and listening (awkwardly) or catching it later today online

I listened on my phone at my desk. Didn't get much work done

#7 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

The biggest thing i got from that interview was that every time Cecil directly spoke to Cam, Cam always answered with "Yes Sir", "No Sir". Despite the media attacks on the Newton family you can tell that our QB was raised the right way.

For a side note:

Cecil said that for all the Colin Kaepernicks, Lucks, RG3's, and Russel Wilson's of the world it would take 2 of them together to be what Cam is right now. Pretty powerful statement to make with Cam on the line (who did not shy away from the comment).

#8 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

The biggest thing i got from that interview was that every time Cecil directly spoke to Cam, Cam always answered with "Yes Sir", "No Sir". Despite the media attacks on the Newton family you can tell that our QB was raised the right way.

For a side note:

Cecil said that for all the Colin Kaepernicks, Lucks, RG3's, and Russel Wilson's of the world it would take 2 of them together to be what Cam is right now. Pretty powerful statement to make with Cam on the line (who did not shy away from the comment).

The truth is powerful.

#9 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

For a side note:

Great post sir. Cam has been branded as the bad guy of the recent QB crop, but we all know what the kid is about.

#10 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,370 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

Great post sir. Cam has been branded as the bad guy of the recent QB crop, but we all know what the kid is about.

Too many want him to loved.

He is a good kid, but he has always been his best when painted as the villian.

#11 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

For a side note:

Whaaa?!? A father who is biased towards his own son. Shocking!

#12 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Has no intention of leaving, loves the QC and doesn't want to leave something unfinished.

Just wanted to repeat this part. Can we now stop the stupid ass threads about him leaving for the time being.

#13 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,441 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Just wanted to repeat this part. Can we now stop the stupid ass threads about him leaving for the time being.

This isn't a biased opinion, but Cam's personality fits Charlotte. He's a small city guy. He has that "i'm gonna put this all on myself" kind of mentality. Cam ain't goin' nowhere.

#14 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

The biggest thing i got from that interview was that every time Cecil directly spoke to Cam, Cam always answered with "Yes Sir", "No Sir". Despite the media attacks on the Newton family you can tell that our QB was raised the right way.....

This is what I like about Cam and the future the most. I am sure and understand their family has had its issues with the college thing, laptop, whatever but overall they seam down to earth and to have solid foundation. Overall I think young players who come from that kind of environment have a higher probability to succeed. At least the outside stuff is not an issue its just all about whether or not or what the player is doing on the field, etc.

#15 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

I demand a link be posted when available

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com