#61 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

How do you know Thomas and Dockery arent the answer? Because they were cut by other teams* Were not high draft picks? What makes you so certain they are not the answer?

Theyre no Chris Gamble, let me tell you that. Thomas can be a really good nickle corner. Dockery is your 3rd option kind of guy. It is what it is. If you think that we found two diamonds in the rough, I dont know what to say. They're definitely not starting NFL corners. Im no fortune teller, but Im not dumb enough to believe that we've found two future long term answers in Thomas and Dockery. Its up to you to believe what you want to believe.

I would hate to see us go into 2013 with a secondary of Norman, Thomas, Dockery, Florence?, Naka, and Godfrey.

#62 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

He looks like a nut.

Sign this man!

#63 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Yea, but Thomas and Dockery aren't the long term answers. Florence of signed is a 1year plugger. Right now, all we have is Norman. Gotta think that Gettleman will try building for the future. A Corner has to be address through the draft. If we're going into this 2013 season with this secondary, we're set for failure.

i don't think we're going into next season with this secondary or WR corps. both will be improved.

#64 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,733 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hey fellas. Rivera has a history of making scrubs look good. #SD

#65 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Yea, but Thomas and Dockery aren't the long term answers. Florence of signed is a 1year plugger. Right now, all we have is Norman. Gotta think that Gettleman will try building for the future. A Corner has to be address through the draft. If we're going into this 2013 season with this secondary, we're set for failure.

Josh "ten yard cushion so my slow ass doesn't get burnt" Norman, the guy who got severely outplayed by both Thomas and Dockery in a pretty lol manner, is the only CB we have going forward?

#66 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

If Norman doesn't have some miraculous improvement going into this season there is no reason for him to see the field over Thomas or Dockery. He is terrible.

#67 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hey fellas. Rivera has a history of making scrubs look good. #SD

and gettleman has a history of finding good scrubs.

#68 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

If Norman doesn't have some miraculous improvement going into this season there is no reason for him to see the field over Thomas or Dockery. He is terrible.

he was a rookie starting who then hit his rookie wall.

no reason to think that he won't be better next year. it's not like you can expect every rookie to light it up right away like kuechly did. norman's a tape rat and has a killer work ethic. he'll be better next year.

still...i don't see us heading into the season without upgrades to the existing secondary.

#69 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

he was a rookie starting who then hit his rookie wall.

no reason to think that he won't be better next year. it's not like you can expect every rookie to light it up right away like kuechly did. norman's a tape rat and has a killer work ethic. he'll be better next year.

still...i don't see us heading into the season without upgrades to the existing secondary.

I hope so. I just don't understand the love for this guy. As a Panther I hope he turns into an All Pro but there has never been any of evidence to suggest he can play in the NFL. He is a poo talker and people love him for it. He gets a pass for the coaches telling him to give a cushion despite the coaches saying they benched him for doing so on his own.

#70 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Drayton Florence is not a FS, is not going to come here and play FS if signed.
Just because hes 32 doesnt mean hes Charles Woodson.

#71 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,424 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

I hope so. I just don't understand the love for this guy. As a Panther I hope he turns into an All Pro but there has never been any of evidence to suggest he can play in the NFL. He is a poo talker and people love him for it. He gets a pass for the coaches telling him to give a cushion despite the coaches saying they benched him for doing so on his own.

even if he did give a cushion when he shouldn't have, that doesn't mean that they weren't telling him to do it too much anyway.

and i don't know that i can blame him. he was playing it safe in giving a cushion, which is why they probably told him to do it when they did.

i think the talent is there, he just has to have the game slow down for him a bit. i think it does significantly this year.

and the reason for the love for the guy has to do with his attitude. he just has to get his comfort level in the defense and with the job to match his fire. that should happen with time.

like i've said about the WRs, tho, doesn't mean we should sit around and wait. if we see an opportunity to upgrade there, we absolutely should. no reason to wait and see if someone turns out to be as good as we hope without making an effort to ensure we have the best possible players at the position.

#72 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,733 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Norman will be fine. How dare he play like a rookie. He had such a good saftey over top of him god he sucks

#73 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Why cant we go Marcus Trufant over Florence? Trufant is a better player and can instantly come play our Nickle position. I forgot Florence was a former Charger

#74 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

cheap veteran corner. Still say we draft one at 14.

#75 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,829 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Don't forget Josh Norman. I'm still high on the dude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com