#76 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Watching those gifs, although only a few moments of a long career, tells me that Florence is wiling to do whatever it takes to give his defense an edge. If he can teach Norman that alone, his signing will be worth every cent.

#77 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Wow. Hurney is gone and we still love bargain bin shopping. I actually would've been excited by this when we discussed him as a potential option a few years ago prior to bogging ourselves down monetarily with our own players. Now, meh... At best, he's a Marlon McCree type of player for us this year.

#78 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,040 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Don't forget Josh Norman. I'm still high on the dude

Me too. People counting him out like he's crap. Hes a damn rookie with absolutely ZERO safety help behind him. I'd play off the ball too I aint gunna get burnt.

#79 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,575 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Why cant we go Marcus Trufant over Florence? Trufant is a better player and can instantly come play our Nickle position. I forgot Florence was a former Charger

florence was with the chargers for one year when rivera was there...his first....when he was a lowly LB coach.

kind of overplaying that connection there.

i doubt picking him up and signing him to a one year deal keeps us from picking up a CB later.

#80 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

florence was with the chargers for one year when rivera was there...his first....when he was a lowly LB coach.

i doubt picking him up and signing him to a one year deal keeps us from picking up a CB later.

Yep...he is a body and voice. I seriously doubt he was signed with the intention of being part of a solution on the field

#81 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

cheap veteran corner. Still say we draft one at 14.

yup

#82 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

True. Rivera was still a LB coach when Florence was there.

But, yes I do hope to see Gettleman add another capable starting cornerback through FA or the Draft.
FA: Mike Jenkins, Cason (Charger guy, PLEASE!!!), Routt
Draft: Desmond Trufant, Jonthan Banks, Jordan Poyer, Darius Slay,

#83 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,575 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Yep...he is a body and voice. I seriously doubt he was signed with the intention of being part of a solution on the field

i actually do think the intention is for him to be part of the solution on the field this year and i think he more talented than just fodder. i don't think, tho, that he's meant to be a long term solution. he's meant to help out for the next year and he's exactly the kind of player gettleman was talking about picking up to plug holes. i doubt he would have been picked up if gettleman didn't think he had enough in him to contribute for at least a year. until proven wrong, I'm gonna go under the assumption that gettleman knows more than those pissing all over this pick up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.