• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

he wasn't very good in 2012 per 49ers fans. had a great 2011 though.

not really worried about it.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,303 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

and the reason for this is that thier HC still believes that the way to win games is run the ball/stop the run. he may be a new coach to the NFL, but he's as old school as it gets.

btw...notice that the bucs were trying to trade for QBs yesterday. sign #1 that their HC wants to move away from freeman and get a more traditional pocket passing QB who's main responsibility is handing the ball off. i don't see freeman signing another deal with the bucs. schiano is going to try and get "his" guy.

And he know that theyre two really good receivers on a really good team in ATL along with a Drew Brees' offense on another team.
Rivera think he can get by it with a Nakamura signing

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

lets hope so

he is. i haven't seen if it improved any last year, but in 2011 QBs throwing at him had a 92 rating. stout against the run, but bad in coverage.

if we throw the ball against them and aren't stupid enough to play soft at the end and give them the ball, we beat them every time.

they are almost singularly focused on the run game.

#34 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Jesus Christ some of you need to go root for another team. It's only day 2 FA . The Bucs did this same poo last year and still ended up in 4th place.

We have 1 thing that no team in this division has right now.

A proven Pass Rush. With this fact we will always be a threat for every team in this division.

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

he wasn't very good in 2012 per 49ers fans. had a great 2011 though.

not really worried about it.

several INTs, but wasn't great. QBs threw at him quite a bit with a lot of success.

when players have high INT and PD numbers, you can kind of tell it's because they are targeted a lot and usually that's because QBs aren't worried about them.

#36 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,881 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

and the reason for this is that thier HC still believes that the way to win games is run the ball/stop the run. he may be a new coach to the NFL, but he's as old school as it gets.

btw...notice that the bucs were trying to trade for QBs yesterday. sign #1 that their HC wants to move away from freeman and get a more traditional pocket passing QB who's main responsibility is handing the ball off. i don't see freeman signing another deal with the bucs. schiano is going to try and get "his" guy.

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with that. The run is still a crucial part of the game but, like us, they have to square off against Matt Ryan and Drew Brees twice a year. They need more than run defenders. Tampa is lacking a pass rush too.

Doesn't surprise me. Freeman flat out sucks. He's a horrible decision-maker.

#37 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Anyone care to notice there pash rush is nothing close to San Fran's or there
Lbs?

#38 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Jesus Christ some of you need to go root for another team. It's only day 2 FA . The Bucs did this same poo last year and still ended up in 4th place.

Rome can't be built in a year. add good pieces 2 years in a row, you're gonna get better, even without a QB upgrade.

It's fair to note their upgrades. We have a dadgum competitive conference.

#39 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

I will really be worried when they get a pass rush, right now we have the best defensive line in the division. A pass rush is always more important than a great secondary.

#40 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,789 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Some of you are forgetting that Roy miller is not on their roster as of yet. Also Daquan Bowers is in limbo. No Pass Rush=Crap Secondary. No Pressure those secondary players are going to break down.

I for one am not worried about this. Until the Bucs address the DT position and get another Pass Rusher that isn't in trouble, oh and solidify their QB position, they aren't poo.

#41 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,881 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Anyone care to notice there pash rush is nothing close to San Fran's or there
Lbs?

Yep. Goldson is going to be cut within two years. The guy is a traditional SS playing FS.

#42 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,395 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Goldson and Barron back there?

Smh...

I hate Marty Hurney.

what? makes no sense what people cry about here sometimes.

#43 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Rome can't be built in a year. add good pieces 2 years in a row, you're gonna get better, even without a QB upgrade.

It's fair to note their upgrades. We have a dadgum competitive conference.

Great notice the upgrade but don't act like they just won the division in March.

#44 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,303 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Some of you are forgetting that Roy miller is not on their roster as of yet. Also Daquan Bowers is in limbo. No Pass Rush=Crap Secondary. No Pressure those secondary players are going to break down.

I for one am not worried about this. Until the Bucs address the DT position and get another Pass Rusher that isn't in trouble, oh and solidify their QB position, they aren't poo.

I want ROY MILLER! if we can add him, resign Dwan, and take a guy like Floyd, Star, or Richardson at 14, we'd be in good shape (excluding secondary).

#45 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,881 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

I want ROY MILLER! if we can add him, resign Dwan, and take a guy like Floyd, Star, or Richardson at 14, we'd be in good shape (excluding secondary).

Roy isn't a three down player though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com