Photo
- - - - -

Outside of signing starting qb's what team reaped the rewards of F.A. splurge's in history?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

by the way Woodson signed in 06. The Packers went 8-8 in 06.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hasn't had to be a splurge. It can be 1 or 2 players for a team needing to get over the top. Sure they lost the Superbowl but New England really benefited from picking up Randy Moss in 2007.

they traded for moss. wasn't a FA pick up.

#18 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

You might be able to dig deep and find a player signed that really helped a team improve but there are loads of examples of splurges that flop all together.

#19 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Is it weird that everyone bitching and moaning about us not overypaying for somebody in the first 48 hours has not shown up in this thread?

#20 JBloc

JBloc

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Stephen Davis.

#21 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Stephen Davis.

F*ck you just beat me to it :(

#22 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Stephen Davis.

and ricky prohel that year too!

Only problem is that with Rodney Peete and Chris Weinke as the QB's we didnt stand a chance, hence the signed a starting QB qualifier.

#23 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,455 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

That wasn't a FA spluge, that was a trade involving a 4th round draft pick.

Same difference. (yes, I know they aren't the same so don't try and explain the difference). (I was into football when you were just a stain running down your daddy's leg.)
Why does everyone have to be so nitpicky.

#24 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,455 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

they traded for moss. wasn't a FA pick up.

Duh. I wonder how many other folks will say the same thing??? It is all the same really. I consider picking up Olsen as a free agent pickup but it was technically a trade. I guess it is the offseason and people here are bored with no signings to speak of for the Panthers.

#25 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Didn't the 49ers go crazy before 1994

#26 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Duh. I wonder how many other folks will say the same thing??? It is all the same really. I consider picking up Olsen as a free agent pickup but it was technically a trade. I guess it is the offseason and people here are bored with no signings to speak of for the Panthers.

Honestly I would have preferred to pick him up as a free agent so we didn't give up the 3rd rounder(impossible I know as he was under contract).

I am just sick of people crying about us not having the money to overpay other teams free agents. Gettleman has a plan I am sure, otherwise why cut Anderson as a June 1st designation instead of taking the hit all at once? Even if we had the money I am not sure I could condone the contracts being signed right now.

We are clearing room to add vets that make sense once the initial desperation high price signing's end.

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

duh, i didn't see it.

FA pick up is not a trade.

the question is for those who are bitching about us not being active so far and supposedly "missing out" on the frenzy of activity early on when it's rare that the result of being big players in that opening frenzy is rarely the team turning into a monster. it's usually moderate improvements, but not much more than you'd get if you waited a little while.

#28 mountainpantherfan2

mountainpantherfan2

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

I would also add Woodson and Sharpe going to the Ravens just before they won the SB in 2000.

But in general I agree with you. Doing what the Dolphins are doing generally doesn't really work.

#29 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,268 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Is it weird that everyone bitching and moaning about us not overypaying for somebody in the first 48 hours has not shown up in this thread?

You just made this thread less than an hour before this comment dumbass

#30 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

You just made this thread less than an hour before this comment dumbass

And your dumbass added nothing to the thread!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.