Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When will the Panthers have money again?

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Serious question.

I have watched football my whole life, but I have never really quite grasped the salary caps and spendings ordeal.

So the question is, when are the Panthers going to be able to open up the wallet again? Will we have more money next year?

Posted · Report post

I believe the cap to be just as tight, if not tighter next year than this. However Gettleman is looking to the future for cap relief and planning ahead so I would hope it'll get better.. Cap goes up next year too

Posted · Report post

After we cut Gross, CJ, Beason, and Dwill. Not anytime soon

Posted · Report post

2015 offseason

Posted · Report post

where will the money come from to resign cam to a big deal? I am asking this to the guys saying he will get a 150-200 million dollar contract

Posted · Report post

Next yr is easier to deal with i think.

RnR will explain better.

Posted · Report post

Never again, Marty fugged us to kingdom come.

Posted · Report post

The team's already done a lot for next year with a few of the restructures and cuts. If Dwill survives this season, he'll be cut next off season for sure as a June 1st cut saving the team around 6 million or so. The team can also cut Beason much more effectively next off season as well. Also will be easier to cut Godfrey next season as well. Team as more options on the table to save money next season but started off in worse shape though.

However most of that money will go towards Cam Newton and Greg Hardy's contract if they both get long term deals.

If Hardy has another major year, he's most likely not coming back. Can't put up 30+ million a season for just Cam and Hardy when you've already got other guys making pretty big bucks in Stewart, Kalil, Olsen and Johnson for the next few years also.

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kurb' timestamp='1363221506' post='2160991']
Next yr is easier to deal with i think.

RnR will explain better.
[/quote]yep. year after that will be even better cause most bad contracts should be gone and tv deal should kick in so expanded cap room will be made.

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Probably never.