Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did a rap about Cam Newton

144 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm running my Lupe playlist right now.

And hip hop isn't dead, it's just changing. Guys like Kanye, Cudi, Macklemore, Hopsin, Lupe, Kendrick, Prince Ea, Jay, Em... Hell, I'll even throw in "mainsteam driven" artists like B.o.B and Drake because they drop some good ass music too sometimes.

It's just that instead of being pure, classic hip-hop, most of these guys are bending the genre.

And, for the most part, it's crap to my ears. I can't stand it. You may refer to Hip Hop evolving but to me it's become a wasteland. I'm all up for innovation in the genre, but there's nothing new and impressive about what these guys are doing.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

And, for the most part, it's crap to my ears. I can't stand it. You may refer to Hip Hop evolving but to me it's become a wasteland. I'm all up for innovation in the genre, but there's nothing new and impressive about what these guys are doing.

Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Cudi's Man On The Moon albums are the best examples. The sound is so different yet so captivating. I guess it doesn't appeal to everyone, but it is undoubtedly unique and different sounding.

And then you have the smart stuff like this (Lupe included)...

Posted · Report post

Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Cudi's Man On The Moon albums are the best examples. The sound is so different yet so captivating. I guess it doesn't appeal to everyone, but it is undoubtedly unique and different sounding.

And then you have the smart stuff like this (Lupe included)...

">

Posted · Report post

This is like watching the musical equivalent of a gay pride midget fight.

Posted · Report post

Kendrick Lamar.....you use Kendrick Lamar as your example....

I love Kendrick, but damn do some research on the genre.

yes, I use Kendrick as my example. Why?

Posted · Report post

It is when you think macklemore is fugging hip hop LOL....

Have you ever heard of something called underground? God damn MTV isn't the only place to find music...

You realize that that Macklemore song came out almost 5 years ago and has never had MTV play?. He's been putting out indie EPs since 2008. The heist is his first studio album.

Posted · Report post

Double post.

Posted · Report post

You realize that that Macklemore song came out almost 5 years ago and has never had MTV play?. He's been putting out indie EPs since 2008. The heist is his first studio album.

Hahaha I knew the macklemore super fan would be here soon enough to defend him.

Macklemore is only known for thrift shop, you should listen to some underground rap if you think he is one of the best. It will blow your mind.

Posted · Report post

Hahaha I knew the macklemore super fan would be here soon enough to defend him.

Macklemore is only known for thrift shop, you should listen to some underground rap if you think he is one of the best. It will blow your mind.

I didn't say he was the best. His message is very opposite of general mainstream hip hop. Prior to thrift shop blowing up on YouTube he was the very definition of underground and had a rather large following, particularly in the addiction community.

Posted · Report post

Rap and Hip Hop, to me, is dead. I can't stand the drivel that's on the radio airwaves these days. Where's the f'ing effort?

I miss Immortal Technique. Well, at least there's Lupe Fiasco...

If you actually think the stuff on the radio, is all that's out there, then I don't think you could claim hip-hop "dead".

Posted · Report post

He probably isn't,

I am for damn sure not old, calling rap "music" is a stretch at best....

Its repetitive degrading psychobabble... for the thousands of rap artists out there there are exactly two that I would say actually have musical talent.

You should watch gangwars on natgeo. It's hilarious cause thry're all rappers.

Posted · Report post

make a rap about jimmy clausen

Other. Peoples. Popularity.