Photo
- - - - -

Did a rap about Cam Newton

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#46 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hip-hop is meant to evolve, everything has to evolve, lol so sampling Otis Redding on "Otis" is pop rap?

You're wrong, what Lil Wayne makes is what I'd call "pop rap" Kanye maybe a huge asshole, but most -- if not all his songs have a very deep meaning and so does Jayz's.

Sorry, I'm not buying you become a rap mogul over some recycled lines.

yes hip hop can evolve....dont mean it has to be pop trash.

WHATTTT!!!! i never tried to make sampling look bad....you must have misread my first post....where i also say wayne is pop rap garbage....just like you just said....lol

Oh ill give kanye credit his first two albums were good....everything else is trash unless im not missing something.....remind me if i am.....

NOO!!!! i believe jay would still be a popular rapper....he just would not be as highly praised as he is now. jay is a good lyricist to a point, mainly back in the 90's.....he remains consistent but its a huge drop off from reasonable doubt.....

and he just didn't steal a few lines here and there......he bit almost every line big freestyled not mention he still does it............ his lastest crime.....

Biggie in song Victory.1997

"Real sick, brawl nights, I perform like Mike

Anyone -- Tyson, Jordan, Jackson

Action, pack guns,"

Jay-z in song Ni**a's In Paris,2012

Psycho: I'm liable to go Michael, take your pick
Jackson, Tyson, Jordan, Game 6

Posted Image

http://escobar300.wo...0-biggie-bites/

oh yeah just a few lines...CHILE PLEASE......

well since ive exposed jay-z and you can say nothing about these facts....i doubt if i will respond back. PEACE LONG LIVE HIP HOP!

(props to the few underground artist that do their best to keep it up)

#47 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,649 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Mother Goose was THE OG.

Yeah, I'm going to spend time breaking down who is a better rapper. Next we are going to have threads about grass seed.

#48 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

lol they should move this thread to the lounge though^^

#49 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,765 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Since we can all agree Kirk Pengilly looked like the 'Blue Ranger'

#50 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Krispy Kreme in da house. I love your stuff man.

#51 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

My dad took me to a motley crew concert this summer one one song was called "it's all about having sex"

#52 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

What the hell happened to Panther Nation? He'd drop a beat for us real quick while swaggin' on them trill ass ducks.

i miss him more than anything and that's serious

#53 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,142 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

YOU GUYS I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! Holy poo WHY DIDN'T WE SEE IT BEFORE!?!?!....BIG SYKE IS...

DUH
DUH
DUH NUH

Posted Image

Damn BigSyke you more mixed up than a milkshake

#54 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,775 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

you can tell by the way I roll shorty that I'm a ladies man, a business man

#55 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

lol rumsgone what are you talking about.......explain your first post about kendrick lamar and drake lol...........thats all i was saying...never dissed you lol

#56 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,142 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

lol rumsgone what are you talking about.......explain your first post about kendrick lamar and drake lol...........thats all i was saying...never dissed you lol

Explain my first post about kendrick and drake? Kendrick lamar has major substance. And seriously not to sound like a hipster (i even hate that i have to say that poo) but I was blasting Swimming pools, fug your ethnicity, adhd, no make-up (her vice), ronald reagan era and hiiipower (song changed my life/perspective on a lot of things) before most people started even giving a poo about him. Drake being on his new album just dissapointed me (still loved the album, amazing) but those kind of rappers are so full of poo.

I just picture you as lil kev from It's always sunny in philadelphia, because you are borderline illiterate and well you can probably guess the rest...or maybe not.

#57 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Biggie in song Victory.1997

"Real sick, brawl nights, I perform like Mike

Anyone -- Tyson, Jordan, Jackson

Action, pack guns,"

Jay-z in song Ni**a's In Paris,2012

Psycho: I'm liable to go Michael, take your pick
Jackson, Tyson, Jordan, Game 6

http://escobar300.wo...0-biggie-bites/

oh yeah just a few lines...CHILE PLEASE......

well since ive exposed jay-z and you can say nothing about these facts....i doubt if i will respond back. PEACE LONG LIVE HIP HOP!

(props to the few underground artist that do their best to keep it up)

That's one of Biggie's most famous lines. Even casual listeners know it. You don't think it could have been... an homage, maybe?

#58 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

Explain my first post about kendrick and drake? Kendrick lamar has major substance. And seriously not to sound like a hipster (i even hate that i have to say that poo) but I was blasting Swimming pools, fug your ethnicity, adhd, and hiiipower (song changed my life/perspective on a lot of things) before most people started even giving a poo about him. Drake being on his new album just dissapointed me (still loved the album, amazing) but those kind of rappers are so full of poo.

I just picture you as lil kev from It's always sunny in philadelphia, because you are borderline illiterate and well you can probably guess the rest...or maybe not.

lol true....i do spell words wrong and i have bad grammar on here. its just a message board to me and ill just post quickly most times. lol i dont write like this when its important.....

anyways drake and wayne are pop rap guys like i have said before. but that type of music is very popular right about now. ill admit they have nice beats, but that's about it.lol

i have not heard much of kendrick, but i always get good reviews about him from hip hop fans. his a&r probably told him to have drake as a feature so he could get more fans and bring in more money!!!

no matter how talented you are these days, if you are not marketable, records companies will push you aside for the next cookie cutter pop star.....it's all about money not art imho.

#59 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,142 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

lol true....i do spell words wrong and i have bad grammar on here. its just a message board to me and ill just post quickly most times. lol i dont write like this when its important.....

anyways drake and wayne are pop rap guys like i have said before. but that type of music is very popular right about now. ill admit they have nice beats, but that's about it.lol

i have not heard much of kendrick, but i always get good reviews about him from hip hop fans. his a&r probably told him to have drake as a feature so he could get more fans and bring in more money!!!

no matter how talented you are these days, if you are not marketable, records companies will push you aside for the next cookie cutter pop star.....it's all about money not art imho.

I doubt his record company made him have drake on his album. He did a song with lady gaga and didn't put it on his record because "it didn't flow with the record." The dude has more substance and introspective thought than any artist of any genre i have ever heard period. When i first heard him i thought "so this is what people felt when 2pac, Jay-Z and Nas came out." He's that good. It's really crazy to me that he is mainstream now because he hasn't "sold out." And i really mean that. He is one of the few that have stayed true to themselves and still "made it." I'm hoping he is the start of a trend for all music. He is not really marketable in his appearance, he just makes amazing music. I listen to everything from Tech N9ne to Hank 3 to Pantera to Don Henley. Kendrick is the real fuging deal. I've never heard beats mixed with this level of intelligent lyrics and flow. Truly amazing artist. I'm a rock n roll/blues guy at heart, but if you get into this guys music, i'm not even kidding it will change your life. He's a generational artist. People will blast this music 20/30/40 years from now.

#60 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

That's one of Biggie's most famous lines. Even casual listeners know it. You don't think it could have been... an homage, maybe?

yeah maybe, but look at all the other unpopular lines that he has stole on that link........lol

i would believe it was homage if he did it one or two times, or on a tribute song....this dude bites biggie every 5 songs he puts out.

like i said jay writes/freestyles his own "great" lyrics so why does he need to bite big so much??

that's what i dont understand.

if you can paint masterpieces on your own why steal others idea so much?

then i dont trust jay anyways because too many stories have came out about him ripping off people in the music business.

also if i recall right he shot his own brother in the back and ran.........(literally)

if you guys take credit from a hip hop producers musical ability, that sample from artist, then you have to take credit away from jay's lyrical ability for sampling big's lines !!!!! right.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.