Photo
- - - - -

Did a rap about Cam Newton

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#61 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

I doubt his record company made him have drake on his album. He did a song with lady gaga and didn't put it on his record because "it didn't flow with the record." The dude has more substance and introspective thought than any artist of any genre i have ever heard period. When i first heard him i thought "so this is what people felt when 2pac, Jay-Z and Nas came out." He's that good. It's really crazy to me that he is mainstream now because he hasn't "sold out." And i really mean that. He is one of the few that have stayed true to themselves and still "made it." I'm hoping he is the start of a trend for all music. He is not really marketable in his appearance, he just makes amazing music. I listen to everything from Tech N9ne to Hank 3 to Pantera to Don Henley. Kendrick is the real fuging deal. I've never heard beats mixed with this level of intelligent lyrics and flow. Truly amazing artist.

yeah, i hope he stays true to himself. as long as he sells i believe the record company wont bother him too much.(i think he did 200k his first week)

Whoa so kendrick is already your greatest rapper of all time!!! Most think eminem is the best out now, you think kendrick has surpassed em, nas and jay already too??

Have you ever heard of jay electronica? he was supposed to be the "the best new best rapper out" a while ago.....

I would wait a while before i said that about any artist, but i'm in the process of checking him out.

I don't get around to many artist because i already have my set list of guys I like on my mp3, but im always open to new artist of any genre......have you ever heard of tv on the radio??

#62 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,236 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

yeah, i hope he stays true to himself. as long as he sells i believe the record company wont bother him too much.(i think he did 200k his first week)

Whoa so kendrick is already your greatest rapper of all time!!! Most think eminem is the best out now, you think kendrick has surpassed em, nas and jay already too??

Have you ever heard of jay electronica? he was supposed to be the "the best new best rapper out" a while ago.....

I would wait a while before i said that about any artist, but i'm in the process of checking him out.

I don't get around to many artist because i already have my set list of guys I like on my mp3, but im always open to new artist of any genre......have you ever heard of tv on the radio??

I will never care about record sales....Kendrick has put out 4 albums already...most of the public only thinks one...just shows how much the record industry sucks.

#63 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,132 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

yeah, i agree record sales dont matter...the most overrated feat to judge an artist...

you know there are legendary artist like jimi hendrix that dont even have a grammy....lol

#64 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

Kendrick Lamar disagrees.

Kendrick Lamar.....you use Kendrick Lamar as your example....

I love Kendrick, but damn do some research on the genre.

#65 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,738 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

Kendrick Lamar.....you use Kendrick Lamar as your example....

I love Kendrick, but damn do some research on the genre.

Yeah, clearly he forgot about Ed Sheeran.

#66 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

In all seriousness, I say take this track to Kanye and G.O.O.D Music. You're looking at a major recording contract worth millions.

You're gonna be a legend my man, watch out, rap game!! He's coming for you!

#67 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Yeah, clearly he forgot about Ed Sheeran.

I guarantee you have a poster of me right next to your Ed Sheeran shrine. Truly flattered bro.

#68 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

I guarantee you have a poster of me right next to your Ed Sheeran shrine. Truly flattered bro.

If I told you that I own a poster of both One Direction and Justin Bieber, but not one of Ed Sheeran or Bwood, would you believe me?

#69 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

If I told you that I own a poster of both One Direction and Justin Bieber, but not one of Ed Sheeran or Bwood, would you believe me?

Maybe if you man up and post a picture of yourself next to them I would believe you?

Anyone afraid to post of a picture of themselves on here is either but fugging ugly or they're too afraid they'll ruin their tough Internet persona.

#70 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,623 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

Rap and Hip Hop, to me, is dead. I can't stand the drivel that's on the radio airwaves these days. Where's the f'ing effort?

I miss Immortal Technique. Well, at least there's Lupe Fiasco...

#71 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

Maybe if you man up and post a picture of yourself next to them I would believe you?

Anyone afraid to post of a picture of themselves on here is either but fugging ugly or they're too afraid they'll ruin their tough Internet persona.

This thread has already strewn far enough away from the topic, so instead of being douchey and posting a picture of myself in here, I'll pass.

However, if you would like to start this same argument in the lounge, I will gladly show you how pretty I am today.

#72 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

Rap and Hip Hop, to me, is dead. I can't stand the drivel that's on the radio airwaves these days. Where's the f'ing effort?

I miss Immortal Technique. Well, at least there's Lupe Fiasco...

I'm running my Lupe playlist right now.

And hip hop isn't dead, it's just changing. Guys like Kanye, Cudi, Macklemore, Hopsin, Lupe, Kendrick, Prince Ea, Jay, Em... Hell, I'll even throw in "mainsteam driven" artists like B.o.B and Drake because they drop some good ass music too sometimes.

It's just that instead of being pure, classic hip-hop, most of these guys are bending the genre.

#73 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,623 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

I'm running my Lupe playlist right now.

And hip hop isn't dead, it's just changing. Guys like Kanye, Cudi, Macklemore, Hopsin, Lupe, Kendrick, Prince Ea, Jay, Em... Hell, I'll even throw in "mainsteam driven" artists like B.o.B and Drake because they drop some good ass music too sometimes.

It's just that instead of being pure, classic hip-hop, most of these guys are bending the genre.

And, for the most part, it's crap to my ears. I can't stand it. You may refer to Hip Hop evolving but to me it's become a wasteland. I'm all up for innovation in the genre, but there's nothing new and impressive about what these guys are doing.

#74 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

And, for the most part, it's crap to my ears. I can't stand it. You may refer to Hip Hop evolving but to me it's become a wasteland. I'm all up for innovation in the genre, but there's nothing new and impressive about what these guys are doing.

Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Cudi's Man On The Moon albums are the best examples. The sound is so different yet so captivating. I guess it doesn't appeal to everyone, but it is undoubtedly unique and different sounding.

And then you have the smart stuff like this (Lupe included)...

I think it's hard to argue that hip-hop is dead...

#75 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and Cudi's Man On The Moon albums are the best examples. The sound is so different yet so captivating. I guess it doesn't appeal to everyone, but it is undoubtedly unique and different sounding.

And then you have the smart stuff like this (Lupe included)...

I think it's hard to argue that hip-hop is dead...

It is when you think macklemore is fugging hip hop LOL....

Have you ever heard of something called underground? God damn MTV isn't the only place to find music...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.