• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#76 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

This is like watching the musical equivalent of a gay pride midget fight.

#77 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,423 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Kendrick Lamar.....you use Kendrick Lamar as your example....

I love Kendrick, but damn do some research on the genre.

yes, I use Kendrick as my example. Why?

#78 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

It is when you think macklemore is fugging hip hop LOL....

Have you ever heard of something called underground? God damn MTV isn't the only place to find music...

You realize that that Macklemore song came out almost 5 years ago and has never had MTV play?. He's been putting out indie EPs since 2008. The heist is his first studio album.

#79 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Double post.

#80 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

You realize that that Macklemore song came out almost 5 years ago and has never had MTV play?. He's been putting out indie EPs since 2008. The heist is his first studio album.

Hahaha I knew the macklemore super fan would be here soon enough to defend him.

Macklemore is only known for thrift shop, you should listen to some underground rap if you think he is one of the best. It will blow your mind.

#81 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hahaha I knew the macklemore super fan would be here soon enough to defend him.

Macklemore is only known for thrift shop, you should listen to some underground rap if you think he is one of the best. It will blow your mind.

I didn't say he was the best. His message is very opposite of general mainstream hip hop. Prior to thrift shop blowing up on YouTube he was the very definition of underground and had a rather large following, particularly in the addiction community.

#82 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,460 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Rap and Hip Hop, to me, is dead. I can't stand the drivel that's on the radio airwaves these days. Where's the f'ing effort?

I miss Immortal Technique. Well, at least there's Lupe Fiasco...

If you actually think the stuff on the radio, is all that's out there, then I don't think you could claim hip-hop "dead".

#83 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

He probably isn't,

I am for damn sure not old, calling rap "music" is a stretch at best....

Its repetitive degrading psychobabble... for the thousands of rap artists out there there are exactly two that I would say actually have musical talent.

You should watch gangwars on natgeo. It's hilarious cause thry're all rappers.

#84 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

make a rap about jimmy clausen

Other. Peoples. Popularity.

#85 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,812 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

It is when you think macklemore is fugging hip hop LOL....

Have you ever heard of something called underground? God damn MTV isn't the only place to find music...

Oh yeah, because Macklemore wasn't totally underground before Thrift Shop blew up. Nor was/is Hopsin before Ill Mind 5. And everybody has heard of Prince Ea, Dumbfoundead, Dyme-A-Duzin, DeLaZoo, Traphic, A-1, etc. Come on man, don't be that dumb.

#86 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

I would argue this is the golden age of rap. Kendrick, Cole, A$AP Mob, Dizzy Wright, Joey Bada$$, AB Soul, Schoolboy Q, Talib Kweli,

I don't know a whole lot about a whole lot, but I can say for absolute fuging certain that today is not the golden age of rap. It's not even the silver age. It didnt even medal, or even pass the regional qualifiers to get to the big tourney.

#87 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,423 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

I don't know a whole lot about a whole lot, but I can say for absolute fuging certain that today is not the golden age of rap. It's not even the silver age. It didnt even medal, or even pass the regional qualifiers to get to the big tourney.

I know what you're saying, but the artists that guy listed are some people to get really excited about. Joey Bada$$ and Ab-Soul come to mind. I grew up listening to Pac, NWA, Nas, Old Jay Z, and Biggie. But these new guys up and coming are really fuging good.

#88 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Preach.

#89 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Oh yeah, because Macklemore wasn't totally underground before Thrift Shop blew up. Nor was/is Hopsin before Ill Mind 5. And everybody has heard of Prince Ea, Dumbfoundead, Dyme-A-Duzin, DeLaZoo, Traphic, A-1, etc. Come on man, don't be that dumb.

Underground isn't the right term for macklemore lol...just because he wasn't known yet doesn't mean he is underground lol...but you don't get that because you don't listen to anything that isn't mainstream...

You just looked up all of those names, you have no knowledge, respect, or taste for any underground rappers that don't even want to be famous, especially if you think Macklemore is one of those guys.

Do some research, stay away from the mainstream for a while, maybe it will humble you and you'll actually have a newfound understanding of the genre.

#90 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,423 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Underground isn't the right term for macklemore lol...just because he wasn't known yet doesn't mean he is underground lol...but you don't get that because you don't listen to anything that isn't mainstream...

You just looked up all of those names, you have no knowledge, respect, or taste for any underground rappers that don't even want to be famous, especially if you think Macklemore is one of those guys.

Do some research, stay away from the mainstream for a while, maybe it will humble you and you'll actually have a newfound understanding of the genre.

Can you tell me a few names? I wanna check some of them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com