#92 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Can you tell me a few names? I wanna check some of them out.

I could go all day, just a couple guys that have been around a while like Brother Ali, Slug, Aesop Rock, Apathy, John Conner, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Cunnin Lynguist, Nipsey Hussle, Pharaohe Monch (except he's gotten pretty big).

#93 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Those guys really talk great on stage. Awesome talking.

#94 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Those guys really talk great on stage. Awesome talking.

not a fan of poetry?

#95 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

I know what you're saying, but the artists that guy listed are some people to get really excited about. Joey Bada$$ and Ab-Soul come to mind. I grew up listening to Pac, NWA, Nas, Old Jay Z, and Biggie. But these new guys up and coming are really fuging good.

There is no doubt that he listed talented people who are all very good, I just don't think you can touch the era of the people you listed. It's not even a debate IMO.

#96 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

not a fan of poetry?

Love poetry actually. Well, good poetry. You know, story telling, imagery, thoughtful insight.

People walking on stage and talking about themselves? Not interested.

#97 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Just google Brother Ali....

Clicked on whatever song came up first on lyrics link...

got this...

Attack fame with cerebral cortex in your brains
So my effects will remain
Long after the trends change
Son I'll bend your name
Rearrange your molecules
Amongst hip hop dudes, Brother Ali be droppin' jewels
Impossible to fool I'm like Picasso with the tool

Took him almost to the end of one breath to talk about himself.

Pure poetry. He is a regular TS Elliot

#98 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Just google Brother Ali....

Clicked on whatever song came up first on lyrics link...

got this...

Took him almost to the end of one breath to talk about himself.

Pure poetry. He is a regular TS Elliot

What about his song Forrest Whittaker where all he does is talk about how ugly he is but that God made him and he loves himself no matter what?

Such a terrible message....

But yea this is why I listen to more actual music than hip hop, but there's a lot of stuff out there with great messages and great stories, with a catchy beat that makes girls grind up on you.

#99 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

I could go all day, just a couple guys that have been around a while like Brother Ali, Slug, Aesop Rock, Apathy, John Conner, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Cunnin Lynguist, Nipsey Hussle, Pharaohe Monch (except he's gotten pretty big).

John Conner, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, and Nipsey Hussle I'm a huge fan of. Well check into some of those other guys.

#100 LelouchBritannia

LelouchBritannia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

If you want true poetry, simply listen to Tchaikovsky or Rachmaninoff or Bach or Beethoven. If you want unearned stylized rhythmic egocentric expression then I suppose rap is for you.

#101 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

You're not good at that.

#102 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,793 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Underground isn't the right term for macklemore lol...just because he wasn't known yet doesn't mean he is underground lol...but you don't get that because you don't listen to anything that isn't mainstream...

You just looked up all of those names, you have no knowledge, respect, or taste for any underground rappers that don't even want to be famous, especially if you think Macklemore is one of those guys.

Do some research, stay away from the mainstream for a while, maybe it will humble you and you'll actually have a newfound understanding of the genre.

Lol I looked up those guys... You've seen me go on and on about how Ea is my favorite rapper, and I could take screenshots of my iTunes showing you how many listens some of the other dude's have.

People actually bag on me for how much underground I listen to, calling me "hipster" and sh*t.

Besides, how would I just be able to look up some of those guys? Like DeLaZoo, Prince Ea, Dymez, etc all have like 5-15k followers on Twitter, Youtube, etc. Obviously nothing you could just randomly stumble across and toss onto a list "pretending" to know what I'm talking about.

#103 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Ok i thought you were talking about people so Underground that i would have no idea the names. I know all those people, all very fuging good.

#104 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ok i thought you were talking about people so Underground that i would have no idea the names. I know all those people, all very fuging good.

I can give you some fools you don't know if you want, just listed some of my all time faves.

#105 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Lol I looked up those guys... You've seen me go on and on about how Ea is my favorite rapper, and I could take screenshots of my iTunes showing you how many listens some of the other dude's have.

People actually bag on me for how much underground I listen to, calling me "hipster" and sh*t.

Besides, how would I just be able to look up some of those guys? Like DeLaZoo, Prince Ea, Dymez, etc all have like 5-15k followers on Twitter, Youtube, etc. Obviously nothing you could just randomly stumble across and toss onto a list "pretending" to know what I'm talking about.

Hipster lmfao.... Please just stop rookie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com