#107 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,794 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I can give you some fools you don't know if you want, just listed some of my all time faves.

Sure.

#108 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

If you want true poetry, simply listen to Tchaikovsky or Rachmaninoff or Bach or Beethoven. If you want unearned stylized rhythmic egocentric expression then I suppose rap is for you.

True, but my whole point is to let casual music fans know that HIP-HOP RAP is POETRY....just in a stylized manner or delivery over a beat.

Pop rap on the other hand is what you explained, but somehow most people can't seem to grasp that pop rap does not automatically equal hip hop.

I'm tired of seeing hip hop deemed as violent, ignorant and stupid bragging, or as some would say retards attempting poetry. lol

Hip Hop is totally different, yeah it's more for the younger crowd, but its always conscious, thoughtful and POSITIVE to reach out to minds that are asleep.

If anyone needs a more popular reference check out Common.

#109 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

If you want true poetry, simply listen to Tchaikovsky or Rachmaninoff or Bach or Beethoven. If you want unearned stylized rhythmic egocentric expression then I suppose rap is for you.

Everything is subjective. I think Bach, Beethoven and his ilk are trash. BigSyke has spent the entire thread trying to prove to close minded supremacists like yourself that there is a difference between rap and hip hop and not all rap and hip hop is 'egocentric expression' as you put it. If you don't like something fine; I get tired of people going on and on about how 'rap takes no skill and is not art' etc. Art is defined in the eye of the beholder. I think country sucks a giant phallus and it all sounds like a bunch of rednecks whining about how they want to bang their sister. Metal sounds like satan worship to me. Rock has become watered down and irrelevant. Dubstep is my preferred music, but I digress. Art is defined in the eye of the beholder. If you don't like it, gtfo and stop with the superior attitude.

#110 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,794 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Everything is subjective. I think Bach, Beethoven and his ilk are trash. BigSyke has spent the entire thread trying to prove to close minded supremacists like yourself that there is a difference between rap and hip hop and not all rap and hip hop is 'egocentric expression' as you put it. If you don't like something fine; I get tired of people going on and on about how 'rap takes no skill and is not art' etc. Art is defined in the eye of the beholder. I think country sucks a giant phallus and it all sounds like a bunch of rednecks whining about how they want to bang their sister. Metal sounds like satan worship to me. Rock has become watered down and irrelevant. Dubstep is my preferred music, but I digress. Art is defined in the eye of the beholder. If you don't like it, gtfo and stop with the superior attitude.

I'm gonna pretend i didn't read that, cause everything else is spot on.

#111 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Nas, biggie, 2pac, jayZ, kanye, immortal technique, snoop, rakim, styles p, 90s LL cool J, hopsin, some old eminem, common, a few old macklemore songs, Mac dre, kendrick lamar, tech n9ne, wolf gang, diabolic, childish gambino, jerron benton, rittz, Danny brown, kanye and jay z are what i roll with. (Might be forgetting a few)

my guilty pleasures are MGK, meek mill, and yelawolf lol.. And that's not including any of my favorite bands obviously hahaha.. I don't see why everyone has to have a competition about music taste.. To each their own

#112 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'm gonna pretend i didn't read that, cause everything else is spot on.

Ahahaha. What, you don't like the sound of robots having sex?

#113 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

True, but my whole point is to let casual music fans know that HIP-HOP RAP is POETRY....just in a stylized manner or delivery over a beat.

Pop rap on the other hand is what you explained, but somehow most people can't seem to grasp that pop rap does not automatically equal hip hop.

I'm tired of seeing hip hop deemed as violent, ignorant and stupid bragging, or as some would say retards attempting poetry. lol

Hip Hop is totally different, yeah it's more for the younger crowd, but its always conscious, thoughtful and POSITIVE to reach out to minds that are asleep.

If anyone needs a more popular reference check out Common.

Doesn't matter bro, everyone has their own taste.. relax

#114 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

I don't know a whole lot about a whole lot, but I can say for absolute fuging certain that today is not the golden age of rap. It's not even the silver age. It didnt even medal, or even pass the regional qualifiers to get to the big tourney.

I know absolutely nothing about rap. And I was not sure why I was even reading the thread. Until I came across this gem.

This actually made me laugh. Thank you kind sir.

I was actually listening to some rap today. It was coming out of a Jeep two blocks away. Bada bing.

#115 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

i see you like shitty ass faggot ass kanye dress. only thing hes bold enough to do is go up to a lil white country girl and grab her mic.

i dont believe his gangstsa act...lol (besides pusha t is a better mainstream lyricist than conny anyway)

Kanye is so dumb he got a fugging prostitute pregnant, who has sucked everyones dickk in the industry(music,sports, film....) , and hes happy about it....what a dumbass. oh yeah hes real street smart....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm not trying to force HIPHOP or any music on people, im just giving people the definition of real hip hop. So they can stop making ignorant comments about hip hop as a genre.

you can listen to any music you like..i dont give a fugk....and by the way if you have seen me post in the lounge, you would know i listen to more than hip hop.

shitt ill listen to some pop rap at a party for the beat....its feel good music. but im not going to sit here and tell you that it's hip hop because its not.

music as a whole has been watered down anyways, but that's another story. HA!

#116 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

i see you like shitty ass faggot ass kanye dress. only thing hes bold enough to do is go up to a lil white country girl and grab her mic.

i dont believe his gangstsa act...lol (besides pusha t is a better mainstream lyricist than conny anyway)

Kanye is so dumb he got a fugging prostitute pregnant, who has sucked everyones dickk in the industry(music,sports, film....) , and hes happy about it....what a dumbass. oh yeah hes real street smart....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm not trying to force HIPHOP or any music on people, im just giving people the definition of real hip hop. So they can stop making ignorant comments about hip hop as a genre.

you can listen to any music you like..i dont give a fugk....and by the way if you have seen me post in the lounge, you would know i listen to more than hip hop.

shitt ill listen to some pop rap at a party for the beat....its feel good music. but im not going to sit here and tell you that it's hip hop because its not.

music as a whole has been watered down anyways, but that's another story. HA!

His music is still good though, that's what matters the most

#117 E CaT PanTHer

E CaT PanTHer

Aite, Lets Do It !!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

So keeping it on the real, after listening to my song, do you think I at all have a chance to be in the same conversation as some of these mainstream/underground rappers you speak of, or am I just an "eminem with no talent." and this song is "absolute garbage?"

#118 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

Hipster lmfao.... Please just stop rookie.

Yes master. Please teach me about DeLaZoo and Dymez and Prince Ea and Mack and Traphic and DFD and A-1 and D Pryde, I need to learn more!! I cannot be a rookie, I wont stand for it!!

#119 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Yes master. Please teach me about DeLaZoo and Dymez and Prince Ea and Mack and Traphic and DFD and A-1 and D Pryde, I need to learn more!! I cannot be a rookie, I wont stand for it!!

You already seem to be good enough at googling names so I'll just let you think you're the shitt. I remember what it was like being 17.

#120 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

You already seem to be good enough at googling names so I'll just let you think you're the shitt. I remember what it was like being 17.

Lol okay bud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.