Photo
- - - - -

Crazy ending in the Charlotte/Richmond game.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,238 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Looks like March Madness is on.

#2 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,639 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

did you see it? Trying to figure out what happened. Lots of technicals at the end. I'm sure such a legendary choke by richmond will make it to sportscenter, though.

#3 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,238 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

yeah, that is an epic choke job for sure.

#4 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

I got you Jase.

Down by three with 5 seconds, 60-63. Richmond fouled us, went to the line. After the first free throw, D williams pushed clayton, technical foul. Charlotte got the ball back up 64-63, they fouled. Their coached got ejected after that. More free throws. Henry went 8-11 from the Free throw line in the last five seconds.

#5 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

did you see it? Trying to figure out what happened. Lots of technicals at the end. I'm sure such a legendary choke by richmond will make it to sportscenter, though.

I Watched it. At one point the announcer was like "I have no idea how many free throws they have left."

The coach blew up and was ejected and at least one other player got a T. Must have been a few more infractions. I couldn't follow everything.

I had to go look at the box score. One guy had 11 free throws in the last 4 seconds

#6 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I believe the coach went crazy because they gave Henry a shooting foul, 3 shots, after he was fouled when Charlotte was up 64-63.

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,238 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

the coached flipped after HIS team was fouled which didnt make sense. the damage was done on the other end. i think Richmond still had a chance to tie right?

#8 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,639 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

1. Niners down 3 points with 6 seconds to go, Pierria was fouled by RICH to prevent shooting the 3. Pierria gets 1and1.
2. After first free throw, clayton shoved to ground, richmond player T'ed up
3. After Pierria makes two technical free throws, he hits the second half of the 1and1. 49ers are awarded the ball due to the technical foul, up 64-63.
4. Niners inbound, Henry gets fouled as he heaves up the three, refs award three free thows for the shooting foul. Richmond coach goes berserk, comes onto the court, and given two technical fouls.
5. Pierria hits 4 of 7 remaining free throws (3 from the shooting foul and 4 technical free throws)

Never seen anything like it.

NEW YORK — Pierria Henry hit eight free throws in the final five seconds of a wild start to the Atlantic 10 tournament, and Charlotte stunned Richmond 68-63 on Thursday.

The Spiders, who led by 63-60 with 4.7 seconds to go, were called for three technical fouls as the 49ers took the lead from the foul line with the clock stopped.

It all started when Richmond chose to foul Charlotte to prevent the 49ers from attempting a tying 3-pointer. After Henry made the front end of a one-and-one, the Spiders' Derrick Williams and Charlotte's Willie Clayton got tangled up setting up for a potential rebound.

Williams shoved Clayton to the floor and was called for a technical. Instead of needing to intentionally miss the second free throw to hope for a tip to tie the game, the 49ers found themselves with three more free throws – plus possession – to try to take the lead.

Henry made the second end of the one-and-one, then both his attempts for the technical bounced around the rim and in to give Charlotte a 64-63 lead.

Richmond had to foul, and when Henry forced up a 3-pointer as he was being grabbed, the referees awarded him three free throws. Spiders coach Chris Mooney was then called for two technicals and ejected.

Henry made four of his seven foul shots with 2.8 seconds remaining for the final margin, finishing with 28 points.

http://www.huffingto...=media&ir=media

#9 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,238 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

that's right. I forgot about #3. I was stunned that happend and he got 3 shots. lol...wow

#10 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,639 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

video here, thanks to cbarrier via twitter.

http://www.thebiglea...l-five-seconds/

#11 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

video here, thanks to cbarrier via twitter.

http://www.thebiglea...l-five-seconds/

I know that guy!

#12 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,639 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Several outlets now reporting that the over/under on the game was 130.5, the game ended at 131.

lol

#13 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,074 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

gj y'all are now the luckiest team in the nation

#14 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

We were prior to this game too.

#15 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,639 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'll take lucky any day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.