Photo
- - - - -

Crazy ending in the Charlotte/Richmond game.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,446 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Charlotte 49ers lbatting lead off on the 12 o'clock sports center!

#17 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,527 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

Everybody debating whether the refs made bad calls during this.

#18 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Everybody debating whether the refs made bad calls during this.

The 3 FT's awarded on the half court heave was a bad call. The others were correct.

The refs were shafting Charlotte all game. Before all the fouling went down at the end, the foul discrepancy was 18-7. Richmond is a jumpshooting team with basically no inside game. Charlotte pounds the ball inside on every possession. There is no way a jumpshooting team draws that many more fouls than one that plays the kind of ball that Charlotte plays.

Richmond made 4 FG's the second half. Four. The refs were the only thing keeping Richmond in the game. We had 3 starters foul out, our first man off the bench foul out, and a 4th starter with 4 fouls.

I feel no sympathy at all for Richmond. As far as I'm concerned, those were makeup calls. Charlotte DOMINATED Richmond in the second half on the floor. 15 FG's to 4.

Pierra Henry is a fuging man. He had himself a hell of a game yesterday.

28 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 0 turnovers. This was Henry's third straight double-double. Not bad for a PG.

#19 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,664 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

I think the 3 free throw call was close enough. Pierria anticipated the contact was coming and looked like he got the ball up before the contact arrived.

Most refs still probably wouldn't give it to him because they know exactly what a player is trying to do there.

#20 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,664 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

So how many Technicals will we need against St Louis to pull off the upset? I say at least 4-5.

#21 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

So how many Technicals will we need against St Louis to pull off the upset? I say at least 4-5.

We can beat SLU. We hung with them for the first half last time. We started to get into a bit of foul trouble though I believe.

I don't think we will win and I'm cool with losing to a team as good as SLU. I just don't want to watch Cody Ellis flop all over the court again today. That kid plays like a bitch.

#22 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,664 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

I think we can beat them, too. However I see it equally possible that we could lose by 20+.

Crossing fingers for no scoring droughts.

#23 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,446 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Coach Alan needs a major haircut.

I'll show myself out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.