Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dwan Edwards may not be coming back.

107 posts in this topic

Posted

Gettleman's bread and butter is as a NFL scout. Of knowing the value of a FA in the NFL. If he says Dwan is only worth 1.5 milion on a 1 year deal and there are equal talent for that money if we don't sign him then I'm on board. Putting the right value on the talent.

And it's obvious he's right because the article wasn't that he signed with another team. It was that might not sign with the Panthers and is reviewing his options. If another team wants you for more money or a better contract you don't "review" your option. Not only that but he didn't rule out coming back which tells me he really doesn't have much better options on the table.

Sometimes it takes a player a little bit to adjust his expectations to reality.

Posted

LOL, all options getting swooped up and we just keep letting guys go.

Posted

Our D-line is gonna be swiss cheese

lawl then there's our secondary especially if we taking a WR at 14. I'm at the point now where we have to, need to, and must trade back to get more picks.

Posted

It's pretty clear the only reason we kept Rivera was that we knew this season was a throw away year while we get the books sorted out. There is really no other logical argument for keeping that buffoon. Whoever our coach of the future is, we didn't want him starting out with such an embarrassingly depleted roster. It will suck to spend a whole season with a lame duck coach but hopefully the long term payoff will be worth it.

Posted

Dwan was pretty damn good against the run, to the point he faced quite a few double teams.

Posted

Well that would suck, he's replaceable but "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush".

Posted

Not sure why everyone's in such a panic, as Zod has said Terrell McClain is due to break out at any moment. Relax.

Guys?

Guys?

Posted

He doesnt think we can win, so fug him. I dont care what we offered. He straight up said we couldnt win. see ya

Posted

LOL Dwan doesnt think we have what it takes.

Posted

he won't get a better offer anywhere else.

the market is low and flat. he'll take the deal. if not...he's replaceable. the DL will be fine.

You're right on. Gettleman is a smart man, he knows what Dwan is worth and he's not going to overpay for a replaceable vet.

A guy like Marcus Spears for example, can easily replace Dwan.

Posted

How long before Richardson throws a violent tantrum that results in Gettleman's termination because he realizes that he's going to have open up the checkbook for somebody?

MARTY WOULDN'T HAVE MADE ME DO THIS!!

Is it not overly obvious that they are in this situation because Marty/Richardson spent uncontrollably on our own free agents?

Posted

lawl then there's our secondary especially if we taking a WR at 14. I'm at the point now where we have to, need to, and must trade back to get more picks.

how we gonna sign them?