#61 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,448 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Perhaps Gettleman is wanting to suck for the #1 overall pick in 2014 :-)

This whole thing is still all on Hurney and JR. Not much Gett's can do this year but tread water.

#62 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,448 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Sorry, I've been on a trolling binge lately

#63 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

So who do we draft with the #1 overall pick next year? Time to start looking forward to that.

nobody. we trade the pick for a boatload of picks and save our frachise. yea baby CANT WAIT #bartscott

#64 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,479 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yeah Gettles is totally running the show

#65 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

We picked him up right before the season began... there will be others like him cut around that time. Calm down.

#66 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,448 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yeah Gettles is totally running the show

Lol for real

#67 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,308 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

they addressed it just fine last year. the strength of the DL is the DEs.

they'll find replacements for edwards the same place they found edwards.

i'm just not worried about it at all. we may draft someone, but until we find that franchise DT type, it won't be hard to replace dwan. we've got a better scout in gettleman and rivera does good at finding the right guys for the D...enough to make it respectable enough.

panic all you want and scream that the sky is falling...but this is one area that isn't that difficult to take care of.

1. You didn't read what I wrote, obviously. The interior of the DL hasn't been addressed...

2. The Panthers think the same way you do... and haven't been able to stop the run for years thanks to that line of thinking.

3. Never panicked and don't really care if the sky does fall... and if the position isn't that difficult to take care of, why have the Panthers failed to do so for the last several years?

#68 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,541 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Gettleman, smartly, doesn't want to commit to contracts that will outlast his coach.

I hate it, but I understand it.

#69 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,354 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Will be interesting if they will ask Frank Alexander to gain some weight and move him to DT.

#70 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

The blue string guy is a better run stopper than him.

#71 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,824 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

1. You didn't read what I wrote, obviously. The interior of the DL hasn't been addressed...

2. The Panthers think the same way you do... and haven't been able to stop the run for years thanks to that line of thinking.

3. Never panicked and don't really care if the sky does fall... and if the position isn't that difficult to take care of, why have the Panthers failed to do so for the last several years?

i do think it needs to be upgraded. i don't think that they did enough in the past to fix things and not just there, but all over the place. the focus was always misplaced.

i think they did an adequate job of addressing the interior of the DL this past year, tho. it was the best that it's been in a while, predominately due to the outside of the DL. we were still bad against the run, but not as bad as in recent years. we were good against the pass.

i just don't think that it will be all that difficult to replace what was lost on the DL interior. i would like for us to get studs there, but i don't think it's as crucial as other positions. i don't trust rivera with much, but i do trust his eye for talent on defense and i esp. trust gettleman's eye.

unless we pick up some big stud that is ready to start day one in the draft (doubtful) i don't see us making significant strides forward in the interior there. i do see us picking up a guy or two who won't be horrible. as long as we have the DEs and LBs we have, just getting guys who aren't horrible and finding a decent rotation will be enough for the defense to stay in the top 10-15.

DT just isn't the pressing issue or at least all that difficult to address as some make it out to be...same with losing dwan. i don't think it needs the money thrown at it that some other positions might.

#72 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,824 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Gettleman, smartly, doesn't want to commit to contracts that will outlast his coach.

I hate it, but I understand it.

that and he said at the beginning that the answer to plugging holes was going to be finding affordable guys and signing them to short 1-2 year deals, and he saw that as being a trend around the league, which it is. most contracts going out this FA season is rather short compared to previous years.

#73 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Gettleman's bread and butter is as a NFL scout. Of knowing the value of a FA in the NFL. If he says Dwan is only worth 1.5 milion on a 1 year deal and there are equal talent for that money if we don't sign him then I'm on board. Putting the right value on the talent.

And it's obvious he's right because the article wasn't that he signed with another team. It was that might not sign with the Panthers and is reviewing his options. If another team wants you for more money or a better contract you don't "review" your option. Not only that but he didn't rule out coming back which tells me he really doesn't have much better options on the table.

Sometimes it takes a player a little bit to adjust his expectations to reality.

#74 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,764 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

LOL, all options getting swooped up and we just keep letting guys go.

#75 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,210 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Our D-line is gonna be swiss cheese

lawl then there's our secondary especially if we taking a WR at 14. I'm at the point now where we have to, need to, and must trade back to get more picks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.