Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcons Sign Stephen Jackson

92 posts in this topic

Posted

And the troubling thing is, YES, there isn't any money, but we could create a little more and make a quality signing. DRC signed a 1-year deal for 5 mil, Lewis just signed with NO for about the same per. You're telling we can't even come close to that for a quality player we can get excited about?

What happened to all the Gettleman talk of "we plan to fill our needs through FA so we can draft the BPA." Not looking that way thus far.

That was my initial thought. Jackson isn't the best running back in the league but he is a workhorse and gets yards. He helps their offense. I know because I owned him in my auction league for the last 3 years. I'm an expert.

But why is ATL signing big names for probably big money when they were in just as much cap trouble as we were (right?).

1 person likes this

Posted

But why is ATL signing big names for probably big money when they were in just as much cap trouble as we were (right?).

Glad to see its starting to click for some of you.

Posted

Glad to see its starting to click for some of you.

On the flip side there are tons of decent FAs still out there. I remain hopeful we will make a great pickup or two.

Posted

I used to be that way until offseasons continued to roll by and a losing culture proved to be not quite enough to make richardson realize the game has changed

He runs this team like a family business and it's absolutely killing us

Posted

Maybe we are leaving rivera out to dry lol

We are.

Posted

Probably my favorite player in the league outside of Carolina. He put up huge stats for the Rams for years running behind terrible OLines and being their only real offensive threat which meant defensives could key in on stopping him.

He's clearly past his prime but if they split carries with him and Rodgers I can see him doing very well there.

Also don't underestimate the value of adding a quality vet whose only purpose of continuing to play in the NFL is to win a championship.

Posted

IDK, I was just blown away that a guy like DRC went for a one-year deal and despite his shortcomings, he's still considered a top-tier guy. And we have yet to do anything of significance aside from purging our already troubled defense of quality players.

People are don't mind Gross not restructuring and are okay with Gamble being released. My guess is, if Gross was playing for ATL, he already would've been released if they had a options like Campbell behind him and the draft to choose from - just as they did with Abraham, Robinson, and Turner.

Posted

Ugh. Fug it. I quit.

Posted

Saints just signed another CB. They don't have money. Stop being such a chicken little.

Hey Bro Rogan - u said I was "over reacting" in the other thread, lets say Asamough heads to NO, and Revis to the Bucs, I'll give you any draft you want and any reasonable/realistic panther FA signing.

Do you think the panthers can truly compete for an NFCSOUTH crown next year?

EDIT- open question to all btw

Posted

Until I see and experience otherwise, I will have faith in Gettleman and his strategic view and not react like prepubescent girls about tactical choices. If people didn't realize there would be some pain in the present for long term viability, I don't know what to say.

Posted

its Steven, not Stephen

Posted

My guess is, if Gross was playing for ATL, he already would've been released if they had a options like Campbell behind him and the draft to choose from - just as they did with Abraham, Robinson, and Turner.

the falcons have absolutely nobody at defensive end now and no first round pick.

e: scratch that they do have a first round pick but they won't be able to replace abraham's production with anyone in the draft and their depth at that spot is still awful