Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcons Sign Stephen Jackson

92 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Proudiddy' timestamp='1363295695' post='2162081']

That wasn't the assertion I was making.

I was saying that they are making moves and will continue to make moves to plug in at the spots that they lost production from through those veteran releases. We have yet to do anything of significance and the top-tier guys are going quickly, many for much cheaper than what was expected.
[/quote]

I lost a TON of faith in Marty, Fox, and JR after the ass beating to the Cards in the playoffs a few years ago.

Marty, during the offseason, said something along the lines of: "we'll we are returning 20 of 22 starters from a division winner"

Lol. This is not college football. We don't have returning seniors. You HAVE to get better because everyone else will.

Needless to say the franchise has not been the same since that loss.

That was our year man
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Is Jackson at this point in his career any better than Turner was last year? More of a big name than a big impact. It's about time we get off our asses and make some type of move.

Posted · Report post

Yeah the Falcons are not doing much if they dont improve their pass rush, really that goes for every team in our divsion. They are all signing skill position players but no trench guys. Saints and Falcons defensive lines make our O Line look Top 5.

Posted · Report post

YAWN... sorry, what?

Meanwhile, Todd McClure retired... so they need a new center.

Posted · Report post

for all you jealous panther fans steven jackson is definetly better than turner. are you smoking something? he still has stuff left in the tank. our corners are going to fall for playaction so hard they might tear an acl in the process. can wait to play with them on madden lol

Posted · Report post

Paper champions... where have I seen this before?

You could almost say the Falcons were assembling a "DREAM TEAM".

Too bad this isn't the NBA and it doesn't work like that.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, we'll see just how washed up he is this year....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='I Registered To Post This' timestamp='1363295863' post='2162083']
that's not what i got out of this:

my exact point is that they have no quality starters at DE right now and they're going to be hard pressed to replace abraham's production regardless of what they do in the draft. is it really that hard to swallow? "just like they did with abraham" implies that there's depth there when there's demonstrably not.
[/quote]
I was stating that with the implication being that they will be replacing Abraham with a FA signing or draft pick and equating that to Gross being released to free up room to sign other players (like they did) and replacing him with OUR depth in OUR situation in a worst case scenario. I didn't make that clear in my original post, but my point is that they didn't release Abraham without a plan. Meanwhile, we still have money tied up in guys that don't produce like they used to and have only added Drayton Florence. Superbowl.

I don't find any solace that they don't have DE depth. They have proven to make the right decisions in Dimitroff's tenure and they will replace Abraham.

Posted · Report post

Whats the early over/under on how many times Jackson trucks Sione Fua this year

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigBoss' timestamp='1363296459' post='2162111']
[/quote]

He isn't washed up, but assuming a guy can change teams and pick right up where he left off is a foolish assumption.

We'll just have to see how this plays out.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigBoss' timestamp='1363296459' post='2162111']
[/quote]

Yup.

Jackson has plenty left in the tank.

He's been a great player on a horrible team yet still puts up consistent numbers.

He's now the 3rd option on a team that is going to be a nightmare for defenses.

Posted · Report post

Just keep in mind how we all marveled at the juggernaut the Eagles were going to be (on paper) a few years back...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

...and how bad the Colts looked (on paper) heading into last year.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72' timestamp='1363297291' post='2162147']
Just keep in mind how we all marveled at the juggernaut the Eagles were going to be (on paper) a few years back...
[/quote]

This is an excellent point.

[i]crosses fingers for a "DREAM TEAM" comment from Matt Ryan[/i]

Posted · Report post

Lol..if Steven jackson is washed up what do you think deangelo and jstew are? This team is a joke..the rebuild hasnt even really started were still tearing down
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I regret ever saying Hurney knew what he was doing... :(

Posted · Report post

It's also important to remember that Jackson has a lot of mileage on his odometer and when it's over for a RB, it's over... and it happens overnight. One morning they wake up and they don't have it anymore.

For Jackson, that morning could come any day now - for all we know it may have been this morning.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='VIP' timestamp='1363297593' post='2162160']
Lol..if Steven jackson is washed up what do you think deangelo and jstew are? This team is a joke..the rebuild hasnt even really started were still tearing down
[/quote]

It's hard to tell since we barely use them.

Posted · Report post

Why in the world would we "use" them more than we do? We're trying to win football games.

The problem is that one of them shouldn't be here. Not only could we take the finances to address one of out many bleeding positions, you'd also see the two that remain have their statistics be more reflective of their actual impact.

Posted · Report post

Whoever started this thread needs to know how to spell Steven.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Growl' timestamp='1363298052' post='2162171']
Why in the world would we "use" them more than we do? We're trying to win football games.

The problem is that one of them shouldn't be here. Not only could we take the finances to address one of out many bleeding positions, you'd also see the two that remain have their statistics be more reflective of their actual impact.
[/quote]

Tell the Saints defense that... people laugh at the notion that Jackson might be washed up but assume DeAngelo must be washed up based on his production, regardless of how many opportunities he's getting and how crappy our playcalling and offensive line is.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72' timestamp='1363297826' post='2162165']
It's also important to remember that Jackson has a lot of mileage on his odometer and when it's over for a RB, it's over... and it happens overnight. One morning they wake up and they don't have it anymore.

For Jackson, that morning could come any day now - for all we know it may have been this morning.
[/quote]

He's still an incredible running back though.

Those tires may not have a shitload of tread left on them but you are mistaken if you don't think he can keep it going for another strong year or two. See: Corey Dillon

Falcons a serious Super Bowl contender next year.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1363298393' post='2162180']
He's still an incredible running back though.

Those tires may not have a shitload of tread left on them but you are mistaken if you don't think he can keep it going for another strong year or two. See: Corey Dillon

Falcons a serious Super Bowl contender next year.
[/quote]

Oh I'm not saying he can't, I'm just saying...

Falcons need to find a pass rush before they can be considered a serious SB contender IMO.

Posted · Report post

Jackson's contract is for 3 years, 12 million, 4 guaranteed. Dimitroff'ed :D

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72' timestamp='1363298469' post='2162183']

Oh I'm not saying he can't, I'm just saying...

Falcons need to find a pass rush before they can be considered a serious SB contender IMO.
[/quote]

If we had that roster, this board would be overflowing with Super Bowl predictions, just saying...
1 person likes this