Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Observer: Best BBQ

24 posts in this topic

Posted

None of the places listed are the best. They need to look towards the other side of Charlotte to find the best places

Posted

The Rock Store BBQ is the best BBQ in Charlotte(Stallings) in my opinion.

Posted

isn't there 2 Rock Stores now? i think i saw one in Marshville or some place on the way to Wilmington.

btw- am I off base when I say NC has 3 types of Q? East, West and Lexington? or is Lexington just basically East? I say it is it's own flavor.

Posted

isn't there 2 Rock Stores now? i think i saw one in Marshville or some place on the way to Wilmington.

btw- am I off base when I say NC has 3 types of Q? East, West and Lexington? or is Lexington just basically East? I say it is it's own flavor.

They actually have like 3 or 4, the sad part is that all the ones other than the original(stallings) suck.

Posted

I used to frequent Bubbas on Sunset quite a bit!

I wouldn't call it the best in town, but it was good!

Posted

Went by McCoy's the other weekend. Was severely underwhelmed.

Posted

Lexington is definitely not eastern. Eastern is mostly vinegar based while lexington is a mixture of Vinegar, Tomato sauce, pepper and Brown sugar.

Posted

Lexington and Western are often used interchangeably

Posted

BBQ in Charlotte is pathetic.

Posted

BBQ in Charlotte is pathetic.

Generally.

Why is that though?

Posted

Get a boston butt and make your own. If you like the eastern style try scotts bbq sauce.

The rock store bbq here in mint hill is uneatable. Dry, bland, they have nothing but sweet sauces even the vinegar based "eastern" sauce.