Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaKid704

Charlotte Observer: Best BBQ

pstall    5,759

isn't there 2 Rock Stores now? i think i saw one in Marshville or some place on the way to Wilmington.

btw- am I off base when I say NC has 3 types of Q? East, West and Lexington? or is Lexington just basically East? I say it is it's own flavor.

Munch4455    70

isn't there 2 Rock Stores now? i think i saw one in Marshville or some place on the way to Wilmington.

btw- am I off base when I say NC has 3 types of Q? East, West and Lexington? or is Lexington just basically East? I say it is it's own flavor.

They actually have like 3 or 4, the sad part is that all the ones other than the original(stallings) suck.

Hotsauce    3,593

I used to frequent Bubbas on Sunset quite a bit!

I wouldn't call it the best in town, but it was good!

Davidson Deac II    4,210

Lexington is definitely not eastern. Eastern is mostly vinegar based while lexington is a mixture of Vinegar, Tomato sauce, pepper and Brown sugar.

Get a boston butt and make your own. If you like the eastern style try scotts bbq sauce.

The rock store bbq here in mint hill is uneatable. Dry, bland, they have nothing but sweet sauces even the vinegar based "eastern" sauce.

4Corners    2,007

Yankee alert

pstall    5,759

Yankee alert

grew up in SC and last name is the same as the town in which Rock Store resides.

close the pie hole

i don't hear many distinguish Lexington with East or West that often.