Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frustrated With Our Lack of Free Agency Activity?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Or we could be the Bengals sitting on 40 million and doing jack poo

The Bengals are cheap but have been to the playoffs recently, at least. I wish we had cap room and recent playoff appearances.

Posted

Blah blah blah, Hurney this, Hurney that. Free Agency doesn't win Super bowls. How people still fail to realize this, baffles me. Perhaps I expect too much from my fellow board members.

Posted

Look what happened to the Eagles.

Posted

No we got Hartstock and Anderson back so I'm happy with that

Posted

That GIF made me literally LOL. Good stuff.

Posted

The first couple days of FA are were teams have to pay full price for guys. The later days are were you find deals on guys. We don't have cap room to be over paying. We are just biding time waiting for bargains to pop up. We'll be fine

This is said every off-season.

No back-to-back winning seasons. Four winning seasons in 18 years. But yeah, let's keep getting those great bargains!

Posted

Blah blah blah, Hurney this, Hurney that. Free Agency doesn't win Super bowls. How people still fail to realize this, baffles me. Perhaps I expect too much from my fellow board members.

Free agency alone doesn't win Superbowls. Big spenders don't usually win Superbowls. SMART spenders do.

Posted

Yes.

Posted

Who is left?

Posted

I'm more concerned about an apparent shift to offensive conservatism than I am by our lack of activity in FA.

We haven't lost anyone really critical to our success and there is still 6 months until the start of the season. So no, it's not a big deal we haven't signed anyone, including some of our own guys. Frankly, shaking up the lovable losers may be entirely appropriate.

I just hope Shula and Gettleman don't try to turn us into a team relying on 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

1 person likes this