Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I thought Gettleman said

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Have you guys ever thought that maybe no one wants to sign with the Panthers?

Underrated question...we have a horrible cap situation for 2 years and an arguable lame duck coach so I wouldn't be surprised

We still got time to do SOMETHING in FA...sad fact is that we're screwed until 2015...

Posted

Underrated question...we have a horrible cap situation for 2 years and an arguable lame duck coach so I wouldn't be surprised

We still got time to do SOMETHING in FA...sad fact is that we're screwed until 2015...

Only if we sit on these contracts....and Hurney's players. Gettlemen is going to need to start taking an axe to some of this mess.

Posted

A lot of these young guys don't understand "No Money" they have watched our Gov't spend money it didn't have all their lives. Why can't the Panthers. Sad.

I was quite young when Bush threw us in the war in Iraq and spent an abhorrent amount of money. When someone laid the actual numbers down, I was a new man.

Posted

Three things you'll hear every apologist say during the start of free agency.

1. Use the "cap" excuse while all other 31 teams whether they have plenty or are just a tight as ours makes significant moves

2. IT'S ONLY BEEN A FEW HOURS/DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS CALM DOWN!!!"

3. And the most laughable one of them all "That's not part of the plan! That's not the way we do things!"

Three things you can count on the Panthers do to every offseason

1. Redefine the term bargain hunting. Whereas most teams seeing it as getting good players for good deals, the Panthers literally make every effort to show their cleverness/ faith in "the plan" by signing players who would struggle to make most NFLrosters/not pose a direct threat to one of Jerry's boys.

2. Not doing anything, regardless of the time frame. Except maybe some tennis.

3. Adamantly stick to their plan, and recite tired dated cliches about their philosophy which apologists will then take as religious text and recite it on the Huddle over and over again for years and years like some sort idiotic parrot even though the Panthers experience losing season after losing season because they refuse to come into this century. By boy gee golly, least we ain't gotta go admittin that we been doin it wrong.

2 people like this

Posted

or you can just bitch and gripe and moan about the whole thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Only if we sit on these contracts....and Hurney's players. Gettlemen is going to need to start taking an axe to some of this mess.

Yeah, that's actually what I'm waiting on.

Posted

Of course we will bitch, we have reason too. I'd rather see pised off fans than contempt retards regurgitating the same old poo.

I'm not going to argue anyways because Gettleman is cuffed for a while. What we see is cleaning and has nothing to do with Gettleman's plan or skills. It isn't possible with the mess Hurney made and it isn't possible with the lame duck JR insists on keeping in place, as he did Hurney. To me, this is obviously JR's mess more than Hurney's. Luckiny JR knew he needed help.

Help cam in Gettleman but you're not likley to see his true plan/skills until we are out of the gutter and he knows what he is dealing with. It truly is a process, maybe not for other teams but for the panthers it is and it always has been and will be with JR in place. Get used to it and have patience for Gettleman who just got here and still has work to do.

Posted

From Panthers.com "Gettleman ready to manage free agency"..

"You use all the avenues to add players to your team – you watch the waiver wire, you inquire about trade possibilities, you take guys off the street, you snag guys off someone else's practice squad," Gettleman said. "You have to build through the draft – you have to. You have to raise your own, and then you fill in with unrestricted free agents.

Did we replace Marty with.. Marty?

That's scary. It's the exact same Hurney-isms word for fuging word.

Posted

Hurney never had any problems getting under the cap and getting the guys he wanted.

Posted

Hurney never had any problems getting under the cap and getting the guys he wanted.

And how did that work out for us?

Posted

You could argue our problems began....when Hurney hung up his FA hat and went to the our own is all that matters approach near Fox's end. Adding only bargain bin DTs, WRs with little lasting possibility.

Posted

You could argue our problems began....when Hurney hung up his FA hat and went to the our own is all that matters approach near Fox's end. Adding only bargain bin DTs, WRs with little lasting possibility.

Combine that with his complete ineptitude to draft after round one and you have the recipe for our current situation.