Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would a slot or outside receiver help Cam the most?

75 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I like what I see from TAustin and feel either out of the backfield or in the slot could be a real playmaker.I think we could pick up a big body receiver on the cheap for third downs and red zone.To me he is the most dynamic play maker in the draft.

Posted · Report post

Just a playmaker. Don't care at this point. Someone who can help move the chains.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Anybody here think Cam isn't accurate enough at the moment for a tavon Austin? recievers like him and Weller thrive on precesion

Posted · Report post

possession flanker and smitty in the slot

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IamSoClutch' timestamp='1363304542' post='2162375']
Anybody here think Cam isn't accurate enough at the moment for a tavon Austin? recievers like him and Weller thrive on precesion
[/quote]

I think Cam is more accurate than Geno and he he was able to get the ball to him. I know he is not a popular choice but watch 3 hours of game film on him and and watch 3 hours on any other wr in the draft and draw your own conclusion.

Posted · Report post

Someone who can catch consecutive balls thrown to him. Someone who can move the chain. Someone who can catch more than 2-3 balls a game and doesn't dissapear after a 91 yarder.

Posted · Report post

All I know is Tavon in the slot is a mismatch for any nickel corner or LBer in coverage. Furthermore, he can open up the middle of the field for Olsen. I also wouldn't be surprised if his ability to go vertical developed nicely. He is just so agile, quick, and fast that he is going to get open especially when Cam is able to extend plays with his feet and buy some time. Defenses will have to account for Tavon and our opponents will usually have to have a safety whose job is to make sure he doesn't get behind them or get to the second level of a defense in the open field.

The kid flat out can move the chains. He will always make someone miss and when he does and gets into the open field...he is a home run threat to go the distance.

Posted · Report post

I would not be mad with Tavon at 14 and BIG Jon Hankins at 44.

Posted · Report post

we need a fast, downfield receiver who can stretch the defense so it will open up the middle of the field for steve and greg.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Vertical threat. He doesn't have that....Olsen can take the over the middle action.

Cam isn't a carve a D up type QB.....he uses his legs and can kill you with the big play.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='IamSoClutch' timestamp='1363304542' post='2162375']
[/quote]
Guys like him with very strong arm, dinking and dunking doesn't work well. They get impatient. They're suited better with taller receivers. Smith is just too short to be a #1 for any team. Great player, but 5'8 players have to be in the slot like Welker and Cruz. When your slot is your #1 deep threat, well, you have the panthers.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BlueBoyRamses_E1b1a' timestamp='1363310072' post='2162511']

Guys like him with very strong arm, dinking and dunking doesn't work well. They get impatient. They're suited better with taller receivers. Smith is just too short to be a #1 for any team. Great player, but 5'8 players have to be in the slot like Welker and Cruz. When your slot is your #1 deep threat, well, you have the panthers.
[/quote]

Well, Steve is just losing steps....in his prime he could be the #1 on any team. Delhomme use to throw endzone fades to him routinely...he plays bigger. Was always the exception to the rule.

Cam doesn't need big...he needs fast and creates separation downfield. His legs are his pass game