Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jarhead

Would a slot or outside receiver help Cam the most?

75 posts in this topic

The big time, home run receiver. Tall, lanky, can outrun the defense over the top.

Like CRA, Cam's game is about hitting the soft zones in the defense with 8-9 yard plays to the slot receiver, his game is about the 40 yard TD route after escaping.

Patterson would be the perfect fit, imo.

1 person likes this

maybe at this point we should turn into the saints and forget about defense.

I would not be mad with Tavon at 14 and BIG Jon Hankins at 44.

One thing about Tavon, he will catch the football and he'll run fast. I can't guarantee the same for the other receivers like patterson or keenan. But because of his small stature, injury might become an issue. So, I'd rather we gamble with patterson or keenan.

Tavon is my first choice without a doubt, especially considering Smitty's innevitable retirement.

Rivera is a defensive coach to the core. That'll never happen. Would be nice to see though.

Brees' only ring was brought to you in part by a playmaking D....actually an absurd number of huge big plays.

We need to give Cam an OL and D. Unfortunately, he just has RBs

Rivera is a defensive coach to the core. That'll never happen. Would be nice to see though.

why did you change your name blueboy??? lol

I think a 2nd TE would help Cam the most honestly.

I think getting a #1 WR to enable Smitty to work the slot is most beneficial to the team, and also is what Smitty envisioned as he winds down his career. Smitty is a severe mismatch in the slot, and would have a great year statistically. Either way, this is Cam's 3rd year and I expect to see a vast improvement.. as I saw in the second half of last year in Cam's decision making and overall play.

One thing about Tavon, he will catch the football and he'll run fast. I can't guarantee the same for the other receivers like patterson or keenan. But because of his small stature, injury might become an issue. So, I'd rather we gamble with patterson or keenan.

If Tavon, Patterson, Keenan, or any other receiver in this upcoming draft can be more consistent than LaFail, Id take anyone one of them.

I think a 2nd TE would help Cam the most honestly.

YESSSS!!!!!! Finally. Add me as a 'friend' please!

Finally someone agree with me that adding another TE (Eifert/Ertz) in the 2nd round is not such a bad thing.

I think getting a #1 WR to enable Smitty to work the slot is most beneficial to the team, and also is what Smitty envisioned as he winds down his career. Smitty is a severe mismatch in the slot, and would have a great year statistically. Either way, this is Cam's 3rd year and I expect to see a vast improvement.. as I saw in the second half of last year in Cam's decision making and overall play.

Smitty would be a nightmare with a QB like Peyton in the slot....Cam isn't about those quick short timing routes.

Cams's play was a miracle last year behind that OL...OL needs to be significantly better or there simply isn't a way for Cam to be consistent over the course of a season