Photo
- - - - -

Would a slot or outside receiver help Cam the most?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#73 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Wasn't Armarti Edwards and Joe Adams supposed to be our dynamic slot guy? We know Armarti was a bust. Why draft another one only to watch him fizzle out. Give me Keenan. I am not for drafting a KR who MIGHT be dynamic in the NFL. He was great in college. I am not sold.

Sorry

#74 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Question should really be, does Newton need a big fast outside WR that can stretch the field or a avg to small speed guy that can stretch the field??

Newton has done well with Smith, who is 5'9, so I really don't think height is a BIG matter for him......

Like i said, if Tavon Austin's avg per catch was comparable to Desean Jackson's while in college i would consider him.

And just because you are a fast guy who can run a 4.3, does not mean you can automatically be a star deep threat in the NFL. That's why General Managers get paid like they do, because you just can't go by stats and measurables.

Scouting who will be successful in the NFL is hard as fugK. Wouldn't want that job......

#75 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Question should really be, does Newton need a big fast outside WR that can stretch the field or a avg to small speed guy that can stretch the field??

Newton has done well with Smith, who is 5'9, so I really don't think height is a BIG matter for him......

Like i said, if Tavon Austin's avg per catch was comparable to Desean Jackson's while in college i would consider him.

And just because you are a fast guy who can run a 4.3, does not mean you can automatically be a star deep threat in the NFL. That's why General Managers get paid like they do, because you just can't go by stats and measurables.

Scouting who will be successful in the NFL is hard as fugK. Wouldn't want that job......

stretching the field is stretching the field. If you can do it well you can do it.

Field stretchers all have dang good speed. You don't have to run a 4.3 but you need legit speed.