Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Panthers showing some interest in Antoine Cason(signed by the Cardinals)

116 posts in this topic

Signs with Cardinals, 1 year $1.5 million.

Whats the obesssion with Roy Miller? His PFF stats make Fua look like an all pro, seriously. I'm not talking about their grading system either as i find that to be slightly flawed. But some of you guys think its the bible and I can tell you he consistently grades out as one of the worst DT's over his whole career.

I think the fax machine must have broken..

Speaking of PFF grades Cason graded out worse than Florence did as well too, so no big loss there.

The Huddle is like a lonely man who sees a cute girl smile at them, then anticipates marriage. You guys gotta chill out.

Whats the obesssion with Roy Miller? His PFF stats make Fua look like an all pro, seriously. I'm not talking about their grading system either as i find that to be slightly flawed. But some of you guys think its the bible and I can tell you he consistently grades out as one of the worst DT's over his whole career.

in no way is roy an upgrade over Kearse.i dont know why everybody is wanting him either, but with the way this offseason is going he will be signed by the panthers.

• Skates hard when he's out there. Not a "stand and watch" defenseman. Likes to move a lot in the offensive zone, always looking to stay open for passes either up the boards from the corners or fading in to the high slot for the one timer. Is disciplined though and picks his spots. Has a good shot and knows it, which is good. Will let a guy get by him, but is fast enough usually to make up for it. This is where I think he'll need to be with somebody who can manage a streaking forward alone for a few seconds while Fleury catches up.

Defensively, he's not a liability like Murphy is, but he isn't a physical presence as of yet. 6'3" frame and the programs say he's just over 200 lbs, but he looks closer to 190, IMO. But being young, he'll put on size quick and could easily get to that 210-215 mark without sacrificing his skating quickness. Very good in the corners fighting for pucks and his breakouts are crisp and decisive. Will turn it over with a heavy forecheck though. Again, young. His mistakes are few and far between, in the Checkers games I have been to, but they are usually pretty big "uh oh" moments. Gives up net front at times because again, he likes to move. He likes to go after pucks and pressure guys down low to get the puck out quickly. His biggest strength is probably his biggest detriment, you could say. Goal tending and strong center play compensated for these chances more often than not, and you could argue that it really wasn't a problem, but it is something to look at when considering how that could effect the Canes game-to-game, given our goaltending. He'll have to have a little more presence of mind and situational awareness at the NHL level, but with guys like Slavin, Pesce, and Faulk to learn from, he'll be just fine.
    • Unless they're gonna give me some of that cash I don't understand why you help the Pelicans
    • I'm not mad about this trade back. Other comparable backup guards out there that will probably still be there at 40. Plus we added cash. Not too worried about it. Let's grab one of the other PGs at 40 though