#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

Love Tavon but I'll have to think 10x and check Star's health 100x before passing him up

#17 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

Tavon Austin over Werner, Star and Warmack is comical. Fisher wont drop out of the top 4.

You are probably right, I imagine someone will trade up for Fisher. Not sure why everyone wants Star so bad, he is more of a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DT...

#18 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

You are probably right, I imagine someone will trade up for Fisher. Not sure why everyone wants Star so bad, he is more of a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DT...

I don't see that at all. He's a pocket collapsing, take on 2 or 3 blockers and still not give ground, 4-3 DT. He's a beast against the run, fires as quick off the snap as any DT I've seen in a long time, completely rag dolls single blockers (in college of course, though I think he'll be as effective against your average NFL OL too).

He's not particularly tall, he's not undersized by any stretch, nothing about him really looks like more of a 3-4 DE than 4-3 DT. If he WERE in a 3-4 it'd probably be as a DE, but he could probably play NT in a 3-4 effectively too because he just so strong at the point of attack. He's as versatile and generally talented a DT prospect as I've seen. He might not be the pass rusher Suh was coming out, but (discounting the potential heart problem) if Suh and Star were coming out at the same time I'd have a hard time choosing between them.

Go back and watch more videos of Star, I think you might change your tune. Richardson and Floyd are more prototypical 3-4 DEs (Richardson with his height, length, quickness and motor and Floyd with his quickness and inability to take on blocks in the middle). Star is an absolute beast of a 4-3 DT.

#19 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

if we take austin killing self

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com