Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

Tavon Austin projected to be top 15 pick.

True, but imagine having two smith's when you have no time. I think Cam would be fine with some fixing of the line, later round drafting, etc

Although I'm all for drafting o-line at 14

Other than Adams and Steve (who isn't considered undersized because of his ability to fight for the ball), who else is 'small'? Don't say Edwards.

Our receiving core features Murphy (6'3), Bryant (6'5), Olsen (6'5), Rosario (6'4), LaFell (6'2), Gettis (6'3), Pilares (5'11), Edwards (5'11), Smith (5'9) and Adams (5'9). I don't see undersized WRs dominating anything.

We need at least 6'6"

Austin is an electric player who could be the player everyone regrets not drafting. The problem I have--can his 175 lbs hold up catching slants and passes over the middle? Imagine Austin on a S or even a nickel CB. 14 is a bit high for him.

While I am not sure that we draft a WR at #14, I do have to wonder what Cam would be with some real threats on offense.

is there that much of a difference between this guy and joe adams that tavon would be worth a #14 pick and adams can't see the field on offense?

Yeah one dominated and runs a true 4.3 when he played projected top 15.. Adams had a few returns that were on the espys but ran a really avg 40. 4th round pick.

So yeah its a wash.

Austin is DeSean Jackson/Percy Harvin kind of a guy. Same size and skill set. He's 5'9 and 178lbs... Almost identical to DeSean Jackson. DeSean Jackson missed 9 games over 5 years. So Jackson didn't really "got killed" because he's small.

Austin's "cuttability" is phenomenal. He'll be dangerous in space. My only question is can he get up and catch those lasers from Cam?

His "cuttability" is like a dance. It's amazing.

And yeah, getting up is important.

I see Dante Hall more than DeSean Jackson, but the basic skill set being referenced is the same.

He knows how to use his blockers better than any college kid ought to. And his elusiveness? Jaw dropping.

When I imagine what he could become with Steve Smith as a mentor...