Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

Tavon Austin projected to be top 15 pick.

jarhead    1,032

I didn't mean to give the impression that his height is enough to make me not want him, but I can see how it'd be taken that way. If a player is just straight up dominant and awesome I don't care how big they are. But Austin doesn't give me the impression of straight up dominant and awesome. Sure he juked and wiggled his way around college kids, but didn't make me think he'll definitely be doing the same in the NFL. Would I take that chance with our 2nd rd pick? Sure. Not our first. (and no, I'm not saying I expect he'll be available with our 2nd).

In hindsight, Smitty was an amazing pick and blahblahblah we all know he's awesome. But Smitty is awesome because of something you just can't predict easily. His heart and desire. Does Austin have that? Who knows, but he'll need it to be great.

He does not have to juke or wiggle. The guy flies by people like they are standing still

thefuzz    4,232

Hate to say it because I am going to get flamed, but I would not be OK with this selection at 14.

Just saying.

Brokenbad    66

I think there will be MUCH better options at 14.

Let someone else be dissapointed with him, see Devery Henderson, Donnie Avery, and Tedd Ginn jr.