Photo
- - - - -

Tavon Austin projected to be top 15 pick.

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#46 Racist Cat Lady

Racist Cat Lady

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Don't see the point in getting a reciever if the quarterback has no time to throw to him...

#47 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

True, but imagine having two smith's when you have no time. I think Cam would be fine with some fixing of the line, later round drafting, etc

Although I'm all for drafting o-line at 14

#48 run1stdownrun2nddown

run1stdownrun2nddown

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

is there that much of a difference between this guy and joe adams that tavon would be worth a #14 pick and adams can't see the field on offense?

Posted Image

#49 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Other than Adams and Steve (who isn't considered undersized because of his ability to fight for the ball), who else is 'small'? Don't say Edwards.

Our receiving core features Murphy (6'3), Bryant (6'5), Olsen (6'5), Rosario (6'4), LaFell (6'2), Gettis (6'3), Pilares (5'11), Edwards (5'11), Smith (5'9) and Adams (5'9). I don't see undersized WRs dominating anything.

We need at least 6'6"

#50 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,451 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Austin is an electric player who could be the player everyone regrets not drafting. The problem I have--can his 175 lbs hold up catching slants and passes over the middle? Imagine Austin on a S or even a nickel CB. 14 is a bit high for him.

While I am not sure that we draft a WR at #14, I do have to wonder what Cam would be with some real threats on offense.

#51 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 5,017 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

is there that much of a difference between this guy and joe adams that tavon would be worth a #14 pick and adams can't see the field on offense?

Yeah one dominated and runs a true 4.3 when he played projected top 15.. Adams had a few returns that were on the espys but ran a really avg 40. 4th round pick.

So yeah its a wash.

#52 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Austin's "cuttability" is phenomenal. He'll be dangerous in space. My only question is can he get up and catch those lasers from Cam?

#53 AceMan

AceMan

Chief Prosecutor

• HUDDLER
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

I wouldn't mind it if we hadn't already wasted two picks on "slot" receivers (Pilares, Adams)

#54 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

I think Tavon Austin is going to be a good NFL receiver, a threat

#55 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Austin is DeSean Jackson/Percy Harvin kind of a guy. Same size and skill set. He's 5'9 and 178lbs... Almost identical to DeSean Jackson. DeSean Jackson missed 9 games over 5 years. So Jackson didn't really "got killed" because he's small.

#56 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Austin's "cuttability" is phenomenal. He'll be dangerous in space. My only question is can he get up and catch those lasers from Cam?

His "cuttability" is like a dance. It's amazing.

And yeah, getting up is important.

#57 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

I like Stedman Bailey just as much. Might be a better pick in the second round.

#58 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,811 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

I see Dante Hall more than DeSean Jackson, but the basic skill set being referenced is the same.

He knows how to use his blockers better than any college kid ought to. And his elusiveness? Jaw dropping.

When I imagine what he could become with Steve Smith as a mentor...

#59 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,569 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

It's beyond fugging hilarious that you want Austin when you were completely against bringing in Harvin when they are the EXACT same player.

Like could be the dumbest/funniest poo I've ever read on here next to when Mrtouchdown said that Eric Fisher didn't deserve to be in the first round and that I was retarded for thinking so.

SKIP TO 48 SEC
http://www.nfl.com/v...Day-impressions

#60 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Panthers need a better SCORING OFFENSE....not yards but SCORING.....you dont win games by gaining 573 yards and only putting up 22.3 points. they only scored 216 offensive points the whole year. they are 18th in points per game.....a below avg scoring offense. they only avg 1.6 tds in the redzone per game which is 16th. they are 24th in touchdown passes per game also.

panthers are poor in the redzone. they move the ball decently, but they cant finish the job in the red zone. Thats where a big te would help out a whole bunch. that's what really helped the pats...not welker.

patriots scored 354 offensive points.......welker only had 6 tds this year. belly really didnt try hard to keep him either...........telling.

the most tds by gronk are 17 while the most tds by welker are 9......tight ends have more of an impact than slots.

like i said start naming all these STAR SLOT WR THAT ARE MAKING SUCH A HUGE IMPACT on these good offenses........you can get a decent slot later that people will have to plan for as well.....

as long as they are quick, run routes well and are sure handed....last time i checked welker runs a 4.6...lol (hes quick, he doesnt have deep speed)

also austin compares to percy not jackson. austin's highest avg is 13 while jackson's was 18 in college......not the same player.

lol bottom line is panthers have no big target for newton, that can also be a speedy deep threat. oh yeah its plenty people with potential, but thats just a word for "i have not done anything yet".

last time i checked the superbowl winners had TWO deep threats and USED THEM TO WIN TOO. if not for that long play by jones ravens would have lost denver. also check out this display of the deep threat at the superbowl baby.........................................

ball was underthrown but he still got in.....

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.