106 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

ooh the word pedantic totally confused me

And every single thing you said is completely fabricated and has nothing to do with what I actually said, and everything to do with your persecution complex.

And the definition of "Constitutional Government" appears to be: Things I like are Constitutional, things I don't like are not Constitutional. For example, Heller vs. DC specifically assures the governments ability to register, tax and track firearms as they see fit, which has always been the case, but now for some strange reason background checks are unconstitutional, apparently because Wayne LaPierre said so but thats just an opinion.

#17 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,681 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

what I'm getting from this video is that the tea party movement is based mostly on a bunch of boomers' memories of 'the good ol days'

#18 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

Way to completely backpedal once you are called out. Take a gander at what the actual platform of the Tea Party is based on and then get back to me on how individual factions have hijacked it. I hate to break it to ya, but it is just like every other play the media has drummed up. The exception is not the rule.

#19 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

do you acknowledge that the globalized world we live in combined with exponential population growth has made band/tribe organizations lacking in a strong centralized government an impossibility?

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

The actual platform of the Tea Party is whatever Dick Armeys Republican Party creation, the Tea Party Express, and similar organizations says it is. To be brutally honest, what this lady is spouting is closer to what the rank and file supporters who don't like the big organizational control are more into. Either way it's dying a most deserved death - the question is will it take the Republican Party down with it?

#21 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

So calling us racists don't stick when you are challenged, now you resort to call us neanderthals?

Tell me, what is it exactly about fiscal responsibility and individual freedom that you can't stand that you feel the need to take the exception to what we are and try to make it the rule?

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Oh man. They hate us for our freedom. Haven't seen that beauty since about 2004

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,773 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

So calling us racists don't stick when you are challenged, now you resort to call us neanderthals?

Tell me, what is it exactly about fiscal responsibility and individual freedom that you can't stand that you feel the need to take the exception to what we are and try to make it the rule?

Oh gee williker, it just gives me the heebie jeebies!

#24 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Can't argue the merits? Resort to grade school antics. Couldn't see THAT one come from a mile out

#25 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'm sorry, what response did you expect from a denial of reality and wrapping yourself in the flag/Constitution?

#26 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

Accusations of racism
Check
Failure to engage in any reasonable discussion
Check
Attempts to deflect attention to said bigotry with sohpmoric rhetoric
Check
Well, it looks like this thread covers it all! Let's see what discussion you can engage in when one-liners don't work.

Again, care to debate the actual platform of the Tea Party regarding fiscal responsibility and individual liberty? or would you rather continue on with your usual shallow musings bereft of any actual substance?

#27 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

every LIEberal democRAT posting in this thread is actually a huge fan of spending money and increasing the deficit. hell, double the spending. also they are against freedoms. they want everyone to be slaves and whatnot. it's pretty clear

#28 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Attempts to deflect attention to said bigotry with sohpmoric rhetoric
Double Check

#29 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

it must be nice to have such a cut-and-dried paradigm

and of course the superpower of being able to cram anything anyone says into a neatly dismissible package by simply mislabeling it

#30 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

the actual platform of the tea party is fuging stupid. you reduce deficits when the economy is booming and you run deficits when the economy tanks (unless you're a "fiscal conservative" in which case you take office when the economy resembles something functional, slash taxes, start two wars and then pretend like social security and the post office are draining the budget). the united states isn't a household budget so please get the fug out of here with your "b-b-but fiscal responsibility" because you have no idea what that even means within the context of the national economy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com