106 replies to this topic

#31 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

CANTRELL, COMING THROUGH IN THE CLUTCH! You guys are racking up the points here.

Fiscal responsibility - making sure we neither commit to spending more than we can afford, nor committing funds to causes that infringe upon peoples' rights to their property through compulsion (threat of detainment, prosecution, penalties, etc) resultant of a majoritarian tyranny. Care to try that again?

#32 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

oh wow that sounds like a fantastic way to manage your household budget but again, the american economy is not a household budget. please go back to free republic

#33 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

So you propose fiat currency to cover our unfunded liabilities? Meanwhile, we'll simply devalue everyone's savings, earnings, wealth, etc at the mercy of a Fed that is apparently answerable to no one? Great idea! Except.... oh yeah... that's never worked anywhere! Thanks Kruegman. Next please.

Again, you guys are killing it in this thread. Keep 'em coming!

#34 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

helpful hint: when your political ideology has literally never, ever worked anywhere, you might want to hold off on playing the "that's never worked anywhere!" card when arguing against the world's largest economy

#35 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

You're right. Freedom and fiscal responsibility are failed concepts we should abandon.

We should follow what is going on the EU right?

#36 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

nah, we should just run deficits during recessions and pay down debt when the economy is functional (instead of using it as an excuse to cut taxes for the rich)

#37 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

OR.... we could do what Cyprus is doing!

BTW - How much of 3.8 trillion annually do we need to run the government? You'll get no argument from me that DC is spending WAY too much period. The tax thing is merely trying to force the issue for 5 years and counting now.... DC is all like "DAMN THE TORPEDOES!"

Yeah.... Cyprus... that'll go over well. Get ready. It's coming whether you like it or not.... then again, YOU don't mind that do you? I mean... if you don't pay into the system, then you've actually got no skin in the game. So it works out rosy for you guys!

PS - Way to take this ball and run, buddy. You're doin' great!

#38 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

who proposed that? who are you arguing against now?

#39 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

You are the one that didn't propose a solution... I simply took the one that you guys normally propose... you actually have something in mind or are you just trying to think of something better?

I KNOW! COMMUNISM! amidoingitright?

#40 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

i normally propose taking money from the poor and giving it to rich bankers? it sounds like you don't really know what's happening in cyprus

anyway i said that austerity doesn't work (because it demonstrably does not), and that this is one of the many fuging silly policy planks of the tea party. in response i get "OH YEAH YOU AND YOUR FIAT MONEY AND WAHT ABOUT CYRPUS HUH"

#41 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

Yeah... in the meantime, you've yet to propose anything at all.

The reason you put your argument forth for debate is because it simply won't stand. The reason you won't debate an actual issue that I've put forth is because your lack of understanding becomes instantly apparent. As for taking money from the poor to give to bankers... again, you poor, poor child. Here, lemme help you with that. Banks aren't just taking those funds willy nilly... this was PASSED BY THE EU. Your precious centrally controlled government is now pushing for this.

Don't worry, you've got nothing to worry about since you've invested nothing. So long as it is other people's money, it's all good

#42 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,005 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

OR.... we could do what Cyprus is doing!

BTW - How much of 3.8 trillion annually do we need to run the government? You'll get no argument from me that DC is spending WAY too much period. The tax thing is merely trying to force the issue for 5 years and counting now.... DC is all like "DAMN THE TORPEDOES!"

Yeah.... Cyprus... that'll go over well. Get ready. It's coming whether you like it or not.... then again, YOU don't mind that do you? I mean... if you don't pay into the system, then you've actually got no skin in the game. So it works out rosy for you guys!

PS - Way to take this ball and run, buddy. You're doin' great!

Our revenue is at its lowest point since WWII. And every time there is a possibility of actually doing something fiscally responsible, politicians, generally the GOP, won't bend on any type of revenue from tax increases.

#43 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Teeray coming through with denial in GRAND style!

And how exactly are taxes "revenue" again? Do I have a choice in paying for said "services"?

#44 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

The Tea Party's about lowering spending? Then why do they support things like drug testing for welfare recipients like Rick Scott pulled in Fla., a move that clearly cost more than it saves, thereby increasing government spending?

It's not hard if you think about it.

#45 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

And.... Delhommey with the strawman!

Are welfare programs afforded in the 18 enumerated powers outlined in the Constitution? Try again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com