Posted Image

#92 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

While I don't agree with the objectivist foundations rooted in Nietzsche, the phenomena that she outlines in her philosophies are well-established patterns. Again, way to take the context of some snippets and apply them incorrectly.

Getting back to fiscal responsibility, how does anyone justify their faith in the state running with a moral compass? I know you'd rather rail on about these side tangents in an effort to detract from the heart of the discussion in the hopes that the "guilt by association" tactic will reign supreme again.... how about trying straight facts and logic for a change?

#93 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

While I don't agree with the objectivist foundations rooted in Nietzsche, the phenomena that she outlines in her philosophies are well-established patterns. Again, way to take the context of some snippets and apply them incorrectly.

You just took some snippets from her philosophy and applied them incorrectly. So, way, I guess?

#94 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

I think its funny that they rail someone for using ss or medicare in thier old age after having paid into the system thier whole life. thats what the systems supposed to be for. Theres this big misconception of the tea party and like minded persons. that all gov is bad, and that all entitlements are bad. its abusers who are the problem. And that goes for the free market as well. there are alot of misconceptions about the tea party and like minded persons. And these people find themselves constantly defending against the stereotypes, and not the reality of the issues. thats why a tea partier can't tell you what time period they would like to go back to. Cause the questions stereotypical crap to begin with. So make fun and judge them how you may. Convince yourself that they are all gun-toating, homophobic, racists that only want to help the rich. But remember that these are the same people you turn to to pay those taxes and comply with your outrageous regulations. Historians will laugh as they judge you.

#95 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

You just took some snippets from her philosophy and applied them incorrectly. So, way, I guess?

Feel free to point out where I invoked her philosophy as opposed to her life experiences

And yeah... still haven't come close to discussing the substance of what I spoke of.... you (like GS) would rather invoke "guilt by association" yet again.

#96 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

You lie down with dogs....

There is no substance to what you say. We get it, you want to apply your personal interpretation of the Constitution to what you feel are unconstitutional things, despite everything that we have laws on are subject to Constitutional review by the Judicial Branch. You want everyone to have personal responsibility. These are not eye opening ideas.

Ayn Rands life IS important in context to her philosophy, because it demonstrates the simple failure of it in practice by the creator of it herself. The guy who wrote the cartoon was trying to prove a point in a sarcastic way, but his point was entirely valid. Her ideas were based on the same ideas that led us into the Great Depression, are based on the law of the jungle and not the law of civilization, and are seemingly written for the sole benefit of the rich to help keep them rich. There are a ton of problems with her thinking that have been better explained by others, but they will be ignored by the true believers in order to maintain their need to have a simple solution to their problems, which would mostly consist of "I'm better than them so I can get what I want, and screw them".

The slow realization of this is another reason the Tea Party is going the way of the Dodo.

#97 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

#98 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Posted Image

#99 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Feel free to point out where I invoked her philosophy as opposed to her life experiences

While I don't agree with the objectivist foundations rooted in Nietzsche, the phenomena that she outlines in her philosophies are well-established patterns

#100 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Okay smart guy.... spell it out for us the imbecilic and uninformed. How has judicial review never erred in their interpretation of the Constitution? How do we separate personal responsibility from liberty? How is government going to save us? How do we keep the dollar from collapsing while "keeping the promises" of unfunded liabilities for the next two generations?

#101 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Posted Image

If it's in a cartoon or meme, it MUST be true

#102 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Everybody makes mistakes. However, I think you are trying to frame this in the idea that "if it does not fit my interpretation of the Constitution, it's a mistake" which is a completely different animal.

Clearly over the decades, your views on this subject have been repeatedly been, for the most part, rejected by the courts, and not just because our elected officials are secretly communists.

The answer to your question is simple. In bad times the government spends more. In good times, the government saves more. The last boom cycle, we were taking in more than we needed as designed....until someone decided to cut taxes since, afterall, we were taking in more then we were making. Oh then we had a giant Medicare giveaway. Oh then we had two wars to fight that we totally had no choice but to put on the credit card. When the bad times came...oh, all the money we were supposed to have isn't there anymore, but that damn Obama still wants to make the cycle work!

I'm over getting told that Keynesian economics don't work after seeing it work for decades, just because people want to try out Grover Norquists ideas. It's already proven that he's a lunkhead.

You just have to get over this idea that you can apply an economic theory based on 18th century economics to todays insanely complex world. Yes, people want health care. Yes, people want to be comfortable. It's not a crime to live in a nation that wants the best for everyone. That does not mean the government has to run their lives, or make their decisions - it does mean that decisions do occasionally need to be made on a macro level concerning our economy, and the decisions just can't be left up to banks. The government is as capable of screwing up as much as any other entity, public or private, but its the solution that we have.

And if you are complaining about whether memes contain any truth, it would be a better idea not to try and make that point on a cartoon featuring White Jesus in a tie drinking coffee. But yes, there's truth in it.

#103 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

You're the one defending vacuous and trite memes while calling me the ideologue. Your faith in governmental prudence is nothing short of astounding. That is the real difference between yourself and me. Good luck with dealing in reality when it all comes crashing down on you.

#104 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

#105 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

The fact that none of you can defend governmental intervention with any amount of realistic justification speaks volumes on the lack of conviction on your views.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com