Photo
- - - - -

YAY NC Tea Party!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

#97 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

#98 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Posted Image

#99 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Feel free to point out where I invoked her philosophy as opposed to her life experiences

While I don't agree with the objectivist foundations rooted in Nietzsche, the phenomena that she outlines in her philosophies are well-established patterns

#100 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Okay smart guy.... spell it out for us the imbecilic and uninformed. How has judicial review never erred in their interpretation of the Constitution? How do we separate personal responsibility from liberty? How is government going to save us? How do we keep the dollar from collapsing while "keeping the promises" of unfunded liabilities for the next two generations?

#101 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Posted Image

If it's in a cartoon or meme, it MUST be true

#102 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Everybody makes mistakes. However, I think you are trying to frame this in the idea that "if it does not fit my interpretation of the Constitution, it's a mistake" which is a completely different animal.

Clearly over the decades, your views on this subject have been repeatedly been, for the most part, rejected by the courts, and not just because our elected officials are secretly communists.

The answer to your question is simple. In bad times the government spends more. In good times, the government saves more. The last boom cycle, we were taking in more than we needed as designed....until someone decided to cut taxes since, afterall, we were taking in more then we were making. Oh then we had a giant Medicare giveaway. Oh then we had two wars to fight that we totally had no choice but to put on the credit card. When the bad times came...oh, all the money we were supposed to have isn't there anymore, but that damn Obama still wants to make the cycle work!

I'm over getting told that Keynesian economics don't work after seeing it work for decades, just because people want to try out Grover Norquists ideas. It's already proven that he's a lunkhead.

You just have to get over this idea that you can apply an economic theory based on 18th century economics to todays insanely complex world. Yes, people want health care. Yes, people want to be comfortable. It's not a crime to live in a nation that wants the best for everyone. That does not mean the government has to run their lives, or make their decisions - it does mean that decisions do occasionally need to be made on a macro level concerning our economy, and the decisions just can't be left up to banks. The government is as capable of screwing up as much as any other entity, public or private, but its the solution that we have.

And if you are complaining about whether memes contain any truth, it would be a better idea not to try and make that point on a cartoon featuring White Jesus in a tie drinking coffee. But yes, there's truth in it.

#103 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

You're the one defending vacuous and trite memes while calling me the ideologue. Your faith in governmental prudence is nothing short of astounding. That is the real difference between yourself and me. Good luck with dealing in reality when it all comes crashing down on you.

#104 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

#105 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

The fact that none of you can defend governmental intervention with any amount of realistic justification speaks volumes on the lack of conviction on your views.

#106 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

You sound like someone trying to convince a crowd that Harry Potter is better than Lord of the Rings, because Harry Potter takes place in a real location some of the time.

I don't need to defend anything, because I'm not a zealot. I'm a realist. You have the luxury of defending an idea that isn't actually being used so you don't have to worry about the way things work in the real world. I will give you credit though, most of the Paul acolytes went back to their bunkers once he'd filched their money for his campaign then threw in the towel.

#107 twylyght

twylyght

HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Oh look! Another post without addressing a single point I put forth! Color me shocked