Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hardy and Lafell

67 posts in this topic

Posted

Lets keep Lafell and make him a lifetime Panther ;)

Posted

Are we going to be able to sign Cam? Thats the real question.

Cam's contract is coming up any day now.

Posted

I ain't gonn lie to ya son. There are a myriad of ways to gain cap space. So the answer is, yes, if we want,

Gettlemen says he wants big guys and TD makers. Hardy qualifies, Lafell, not so much. And Bell better improve like nobodies bidness if he wants another contract.

Hardy is the only player getting a bigish contract next year. Gettlemen will offer him a fair contract. Whether a flake like Hardy will accept it is anyones guess. I say, flake or not, he will want to stay.

Lafell may warrant more than the vet minimum, so this one is up in the air. Again, he will get a fair offer. If he thinks it is fair, he will stay. If he thinks he merits more money, he may test the FA market. I just don't see many teams trying to pry him away with a big money deal. He is good at what he does, but good does not warrant big money anymore.

Bell has almost no chance of being a starter after this year. He will get the vet minimum as depth.

And lastly, not another one of these crappy threads? Search is your friend. Or try actually reading some of the threads on cap space. jk, or am I ?

We are the team that finally decided to take a chance on him in the 6th... at that point guys start to get worried if they are even going to get drafted. Rivera (if I were to guess) motivated Hardy the past offseason to get his ass in the weight room to put on some serious beef, and it sure as hell paid dividends. If he has another good year we'll offer him a contract in the 8-11 mil range and he'd be crazy not to take it.

Lafell should be offered 3mil/year. I think that would be a fair amount.

Posted

The rate we're going we might just cut, Gross and CJ. And still be over the cap.

I don't mind releasing Gross. Sucks to see him go, but he's been overrated the past couple of years. His best days are behind him.

Posted

I would hate to lose Hardy, but we do have Alexander behind him who has looked pretty good.

Posted

Hardy isnt going anywhere, bank on it.

Posted

Are we going to be able to sign Cam? Thats the real question.

Cam's contract is coming up any day now.

Cams going into his 3rd year we have him through year 5 plus franchise tags if it gets to that

Posted

Cams going into his 3rd year we have him through year 5 plus franchise tags if it gets to that

Would we really want to Franchise Cam? How would he react to it?

I think Cam could be seeing big bucks as soon as the end of 2013 going into 2014.

Posted

If Hardy has another explosive year our chances of signing him back are slim unless he realllllllyyyyy likes it here in Charlotte.

Posted

idiot post, he was a major part of us going to the Super Bowl and a pretty decent run from 2003 -2008

I know recent history he's been terrible but I cant stand moronic revisionist history.

Let me explain it to you, Einstein: Marty Hurney rode the wave of talent that was drafted before him. Steve Smith, Jenkins, etc. How many winning seasons did we have with his players? (Answer-1).

If you want to sing Hurney's praises, go ahead. I doubt Harvard calls to offer you an honorary degree to go with that GED above your mantle.

It is ok if someone disagrees with your opinion. No need to go full dick about it.

Posted

Would we really want to Franchise Cam? How would he react to it?

I think Cam could be seeing big bucks as soon as the end of 2013 going into 2014.

No I agree with you I don't expect cam to make it to the end of his deal but if hardy blows up this season I don't think we will have enough money to resign both so let cam play through year 4 then resign him when all of the bad contracts are gone Imo

Posted

We are the team that finally decided to take a chance on him in the 6th... at that point guys start to get worried if they are even going to get drafted. Rivera (if I were to guess) motivated Hardy the past offseason to get his ass in the weight room to put on some serious beef, and it sure as hell paid dividends. If he has another good year we'll offer him a contract in the 8-11 mil range and he'd be crazy not to take it.

Lafell should be offered 3mil/year. I think that would be a fair amount.

I truly believe Hardy is a must keep. I am pretty sure Gettlemen, from his history in NY, feels the same way. You pay your star DLmen. But you offer a fair deal. It is up to the player to accept said deal. Even though I think Hardy is a top teir flake, he is worth keeping.

Lafell has #2 WR money coming. I have no idea what that is. But, somewhere around 1.5 mil a year sounds about right. He may feel he is worth more, I don't know, but once again Gettlemen does not over pay. So I would expect Lafell to recieve a fair contract offer.

We have to believe Gettlemen is serial about money. That is the only way we can continue to grow. By keeping the contracts reasonable. You only get so many big contracts. So you cannot overpay anyone. And I don't think Gettlemen is inclined to do so.