Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teach a man to fish......

19 posts in this topic

Posted

This is my take on everyday ordinary people and then those who work on behalf of Government. Most regular people would say..." i could feed a man for a day if I go out and catch a fish for him. But I could feed him for life if i taught him how to catch his own." But government minded folks would say, " If i teach a man to fish I am now entitled to 20% of all his catches. 10 % of all his tackle. 30% of his baits and traps, and should have an accessed registry to any and all vehicles utilized in the efforts of catching fish." Humorously spelling out a great difference in idealism!

Posted

We should teach everyone how to be investment bankers

Posted

can't wait to find this in my inbox and then reposted here a second time!

huddle-> internet-> huddle

Posted

pssst the govt stocks your fugging pond

Posted

pssst the govt stocks your fugging pond

Psssstt....they use my fugging money to do it. So why the fug do i need the middlemen?

Posted

Conservative Jesus time!

CxIKULN.jpg

Posted

^Damn lock it up

Posted

Conservative Jesus time!

CxIKULN.jpg

I can't be positive, but I'm pretty sure Jesus never compelled charity at the tip of the Roman spear

Posted

The Bible teaches to take care of the widow and orphan, basically, those who need help. It also teaches that if a man won't work, he should not eat.

This is the same rub we have today with the either/or situation. Conservatives are accused of not caring for the widow and orphan while Dems are accused of letting freeloaders take free stuff they don't deserve.

A system that provided for only those who could not provide for themselves would be great, but we are stuck in a situation where that is hard to achieve.

Posted

Psssstt....they use my fugging money to do it. So why the fug do i need the middlemen?

You'd be surprised how little of your money that they use

Posted

You'd be surprised how little of your money that they use

You'd be surprised how much of our kids' money they use

Posted

The Bible teaches to take care of the widow and orphan, basically, those who need help. It also teaches that if a man won't work, he should not eat.

This is the same rub we have today with the either/or situation. Conservatives are accused of not caring for the widow and orphan while Dems are accused of letting freeloaders take free stuff they don't deserve.

A system that provided for only those who could not provide for themselves would be great, but we are stuck in a situation where that is hard to achieve.

I like how you strategically avoided the word poor and just used orphan and widows