Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Worried about stalled talks with Panthers

216 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1363376185' post='2163568']
Construction cost $248M back in the 90's.

They now want $200M....They should offer to repay the loan at $10M per year that would tie them to the city for 20 years and we'd recoup the money. I'd be ok with that.

Or give the city 25% ownership of the stadium.
[/quote]

I'd be completely on board with either of these.

Posted · Report post

I'm not worried about JR moving the team... but I am worried about the next owner, who probably won't have any ties to CLT or the Carolinas.

On the other hand, the NFL doesn't want teams moving unless there is no other viable option. The last team to move was in 95 and it was a PR nightmare. Think of how hard the NFL fought to get a deal done in Minnesota recently and there was every excuse to move that team.

Posted · Report post

The only thing that pisses me off about this is the fact that I have PSL's and would basically be out the money I put into them.

If JR moves the team to another city, Charlotte would have another franchise in 2-5 years max. This is a revenue generating city and the plan has proven to be successful.

I'd go as far to say that the Jaguars would be on the phone with Charlotte 20 minutes after JR skipped town.

Posted · Report post

The day we lose the Panthers over a matter of money is the day I raise hell

I would walk up to Mr.Richardson and puke in his face

Posted · Report post

I'd kill everyone, I'd seriously fuging kill everyone if you take football away from me.

Posted · Report post

I cannot fathom the Carolina's without the Carolina Panthers and that one and only Panther blue
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What are the chances the Panthers could relocate to another NC/SC city? I know it's a shot in the dark but you never know.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DaFug?' timestamp='1363379159' post='2163646']
What are the chances the Panthers could relocate to another NC/SC city? I know it's a shot in the dark but you never know.
[/quote]

It would be more likely they go to LA than any other NC/SC city besides Charlotte

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DaFug?' timestamp='1363379159' post='2163646']
[/quote]

Charlotte is the only city in the Carolinas that can sustain an NFL franchise.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Just tell JR they would like to help, but they are up against the Cap hard, perhaps a one year deal.

Posted · Report post

JR is no Modell or Al Davis. This team isn't just uprooting over one failed tax vote. You are silly to think so.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1363374792' post='2163545']

We havent had a blackout in 12 years....we show up. Maybe win more than 7 games a year and we can work on our passion
[/quote]
About 50% of us show up. The rest are empty seats and opposing fans. That sell out streak is a sham.