#136 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,252 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Don't forget atlanta, new orleans, tampa bay, san diego, arizona, seattle, houston, indy, and cincy

We dominate BofA when Arizona comes to town.

#137 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Correct again. Charlotte really does suck as a sports town.

If the Panthers won a Super Bowl in their short history would Charlotte be a better sports town? or if the Hornets never moved and won a ship or if the Bobcats won a ship would Charlotte be a better sports town?

Things to ask yourself...

Charlotte needs that jewelry but we gotta keep a team here long enough to actually get it to stick

#138 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

I mean.... it is almost like we have only been around less than 20 years or something and don't have the same long and storied history like some of the teams mentioned above.

Wait.

#139 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

I mean.... it is almost like we have only been around less than 20 years or something and don't have the same long and storied history like some of the teams mentioned above.

Wait.

THIS

#140 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,252 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

If the Panthers won a Super Bowl in their short history would Charlotte be a better sports town? or if the Hornets never moved and won a ship or if the Bobcats won a ship would Charlotte be a better sports town?

Charlotte needs that jewelry but we gotta keep a team here long enough to actually get it to stick

My answer to your first question would be no. Charlotte is in a bad situation because 70% of the population is from New York or the Midwest. 15% root for the Steelers, Cowboys, or Skins. Then there are the 15% of us who diehard the Panthers. DirecTv doesn't help things because transplants can sit at home and watch their home team with their kids so they never get an emotional attachment by even having to watch the team on TV.

#141 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

My answer to your first question would be yes. Charlotte is in a bad situation because 70% of the population is from New York or the Midwest. 15% root for the Steelers, Cowboys, or Skins. The there are the 15% of us who diehard the Panthers.

Cam and a ring should turn Charlotte in a 180 regarding how good of a sports town it is. Its quite weird how Charlotte of all other NC cities has so many out of towners

If I was from NY which I am and I wanted to move down to NC which I have because of family I would rather move to well...my username says it all. NEAR THE BEACH

#142 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

I think that ship has sailed. :)

#143 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Wait.

There is a lot more to it than just this. Our fans and atmosphere were significantly better in the 90's thn they are now. You can put some blame on ownership but as most people who don't live in Charlotte would agree.....Charlotte is just a pretty lame and bland city.

#144 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

I wouldn't go as far as saying Charlotte is a bland or lame city. There are not too many places I haven't been in the country that I would rather live....that being said I say the city/fans are committed to the Panthers as much as they are committed to their fans.

#145 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,281 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Being from Miami, I never got a chance to attend a Panther's game in person but come this fall I will. The Panthers are coming to town this year and I'm excited to see Cam and Smitty in the flesh.

#146 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Or Baltimore, or Denver, or Phily, or Washington, or The Giants, or Jets, or Patriots, or Browns, or Miami, or Pittsburgh, or Green Bay, or San Fran, or Minnesota, or Chicago. Anytime the above teams are in town their fans gobble up the seats from our crap fans.

True. I was talking about the tickets. They were very hard to find cheap for the dallas game.

#147 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Although Richardson is native to the Carolinas, he seems to be the type that can be persuaded by money if you look at the way he has run the Panthers.

that would be a huge -- wrong -- assumption to make.

#148 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

There is a lot more to it than just this. Our fans and atmosphere were significantly better in the 90's thn they are now. You can put some blame on ownership but as most people who don't live in Charlotte would agree.....Charlotte is just a pretty lame and bland city.

Do not take this as a personal attack, but generally where I hear cities described as lame/bland/boring, it's by lame/bland/boring people. Charlotte has malls/Carowinds/pro sports/college sports/parks/white water center/resturants etc; not to mention being a few hours from both the beach and mtns. People today expect entertainment to be spoon fed to them, rather then making their own fun. The grass is always greener I feel like, and people love to b*tch.

#149 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Charlotte is just more white-collar than blue-collar. Blue-collar = more rabid fan-base. White-collar = what wine goes best with that cheese.

We simply don't have the right demographics to be a truly passionate sports-town on the whole. Sure there are pockets of die-hard fans, but they are vastly out-numbered by the largely indifferent.

#150 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Charlotte is just more white-collar than blue-collar. Blue-collar = more rabid fan-base. White-collar = what wine goes best with that cheese.

We simply don't have the right demographics to be a truly passionate sports-town on the whole. Sure there are pockets of die-hard fans, but they are vastly out-numbered by the largely indifferent.

Just wait for the 2nd and 3rd generation fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com