• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#16 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,567 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Any franchise interested in relocating there for the 2013 season must apply between Jan. 1 and Feb. 15 of that year, and prove it has exhausted all attempts to remain in its current location.

http://espn.go.com/l...relocation-memo

#17 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,518 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

The mayor of LA has already met with the team. People think the Panthers are bluffing. I will LMFAO if the moving vans back up to BofA. It would serve this town right.

The Mayor of LA meet with both JR and Patrick Soon-Shiong. Plus the AEG stadium deal would be a done deal if a team was involved.

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

The mayor of LA has already met with the team. People think the Panthers are bluffing. I will LMFAO if the moving vans back up to BofA. It would serve this town right.

Glad you are drinking the scaredy juice. Thats what they want

#19 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,518 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

http://espn.go.com/l...relocation-memo

The state interestingly enough making this public, is giving the team the proof it needs.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,408 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Im not worried. There are a lot of teams that would be in line before us to move.

this.

panthers won't be leaving. they'll get something worked out. it would have to be a pretty messed up situation for that to happen and there's worse out there.

#21 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,264 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm not naive, I understand how these things work. I'm just saying if it does happen I will be laughing like hell.

#22 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,831 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

I hate to say it but I agree to some extent. People are just lazily thinking, "oh it'll never happen," when we have tangible evidence it can. I just don't get the apathy here. It's not like it's impossible, even if it's unlikely to happen.

#23 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Like Rams, Jaguars, Oakland, Bills, San Diego

#24 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,518 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

I don't think they move, because I think the State gives them what they want in the end. It'll all get settled last minute on like the 28th or 29th of the month.

However with that said, the Panther's because of whats set up and the friendship that JR has with Soon-Shiong would make them the Panther's the likely choice and the quickest set up for a move to LA.

#25 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,678 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Funny how all the Republicans on this board who have stood party lines and railed against any tax increases and fought government involvement at all levels are now screaming for a tax hike and begging the state government to step up and keep their beloved Panthers in Charlotte.

#26 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,831 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

2001:

"If any team relocates it'll be the Clippers. They're terrible, and there's two teams in L.A."
"Nah, it'll be the Warriors. They're not very good and they've moved several times already."
"What about Charlotte or Seattle?"
"No way. Never happen. They're both good teams entrenched in their cities."

#27 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

If this doesn't work, watch JR start "talking" to billionaires that are interested in having an NFL team.....Charlotte would go into automatic panic mode.

El Rushbo?

#28 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'm not naive, I understand how these things work. I'm just saying if it does happen I will be laughing like hell.

I kinda think I would cry, and probably laugh at the idiots in Charlotte who didn't want a quarter added to their tab.

#29 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,599 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Considering a professional sports team already moved out of Charlotte, why would this surprise anyone?

#30 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

God forbid JR dies before we get a deal in place to tie the Panthers to Charlotte........this team would be as good as gone....the Richardson children waiting to cash in.

lmao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com