215 replies to this topic

#91 Lords0fPain

Lords0fPain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

For those that missed these:

"The NFL’s stadium program isn’t a secret. Created in 2011 to replace a similar program, the NFL’s “G4” loan pool is reserved for stadiums with some public funding or contribution."

http://www.miamihera...or-stadium.html

In proposing a hotel and car rental tax, political boosters of a publicly financed stadium for the Minnesota Vikings aren't breaking new ground. The two taxes are the most-often-used methods of public financing in NFL stadiums. Only one other team -- Seattle -- uses lottery revenue. The Vikings' 33.3% contribution to the new stadium is about in line with most other cities.

http://minnesota.pub...9_stadium.shtml

#92 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

I've been talking about this for a while now. This is far more important (having a team) than "who will be the third trade for the third round replacement backup after the fifth option on the reserve line backer". Idiots in Raleigh do not understand the value that a NFL team brings to a region . And please don't quote some "study" from a college professor that says it dosen't.

Let's be honest. The only region the Panthers bring value to is Charlotte to SC. Everybody else in the state of NC doesn't benefit from the Panthers. The only time most people get to see the game is on TV. I been a fan my whole life and I never been to a Panthers game.

#93 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,602 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Minnesota owns their stadium as well if I remember correctly.

#94 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

There would be riots in Charlotte if the Panthers left. I would be there with them to. I love NFL football, but the Panthers make me love it even more. Don't even know if i could watch the NFL anymore without a team in the Carolinas.

#95 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,885 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Lol@people thinking the Panthers leaving, would be "no big deal" or that they only benefit CHAR. I just have to smdh.

#96 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,927 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Let's be honest. The only region the Panthers bring value to is Charlotte to SC. Everybody else in the state of NC doesn't benefit from the Panthers. The only time most people get to see the game is on TV. I been a fan my whole life and I never been to a Panthers game.

This is true of any NFL franchise. Not sure why that justifies the state screwing over one city (the largest by far).

NC is moronic if it doesn't work with the Panthers.

#97 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

This is true of any NFL franchise. Not sure why that justifies the state screwing over one city (the largest by far).

NC is moronic if it doesn't work with the Panthers.

I understand what you are saying. I guess what i'm really trying to say is if the Panthers was in a city like Raleigh the whole state would benefit from it. Charlotte is like a whole different state compared to the rest of NC. Plus Charlotte is really far away.

#98 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Charlotte is like a whole different state compared to the rest of NC. Plus Charlotte is really far away.

Charlotte is only a little bit redneck.

#99 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

My Grandpa is from south eastern NC and hes been a die hard fan of the Panthers since '95 don't tell me nothin about how CHA is the only area of NC with Panther fans

#100 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

My Grandpa is from south eastern NC and hes been a die hard fan of the Panthers since '95 don't tell me nothin about how CHA is the only area of NC with Panther fans

It also seems that most of the people here are from outside of the Clt area....especially the Raleigh area.

#101 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

It also seems that most of the people here are from outside of the Clt area....especially the Raleigh area.

Anyone that differs the Panthers don't benefit the whole state or states is high on crack.

This thread needs to stay at the top for as long as it takes to ensure the Panthers stay in Carolina

There is no better atmosphere in the country than the Carolina's and its imperative the Panthers stay

#102 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

If the Panthers leave I'll just be a general NFL fan....

the almighty dollar is brutal in sports

#103 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

When are we going to know something one way or another.

#104 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

So if this happens who is enemy #1? Hopefully Patt McRory I've never liked him. I'm not good with all this

#105 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

When are we going to know something one way or another.

The Panther's gave the state the end of the month to let them know the direction that the tax increases are headed. After that who knows what happens. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com