Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IamSoClutch

LB takes pay cut

41 posts in this topic

The difference is no player wants to take a pay cut to remain with the Panthers.

Man I hope this is not true. That the reason we are being so cautious is from Gettlemen putting his ducks in a row. Rather than just being happy with the status quo. And not that the players are revolting en masse.

He knows what he values every player. Both game wise and money wise. The only deals he is going to make are the ones that meet his value, or fair market value, of the player. The players have to know this may be the case. Maybe they don't like dealing with Gettlemen for some reason or another.

Or maybe Gettlemen hasn't offered any contracts. So there are no contracts for the players not to sign.

Or, maybe Gettlemen isn't one of those hurly wurly, hurry up Joe, we gotta make a deal while we can kinda guy. You know how old people are. They take forever to make a decision. Try standing behind them at the Golden Corral at 4 pm. They are brutally slow. "Oh wait, I think I have exact change in here somewhere".

I'd take a pay cut to be with Manning, their WR corps, a decent defense, a decent coach, a decent run game, in a decent city to boot. I'd still be a millionaire after the cut, and almost positive I'd be in the Playoffs. Talk about positivity.

AdamSchefter: Elvis Dumervil's contract not filed with NFL in time. Dumervil released, as Denver Post released.

Boom, controversy averted.

I don't think Gross is worth 12 million a year, nor do I think Beason is worth 10 million per year. Especially Beason being on IR for 2 years. You would think he would give up a little bit to help sign some players to make the team better. The problem is, and they know it, I'm sure is their dead money figure would just be too much. So much so, it wouldn't be worth it to cut them.

Dumervil was going to take a pay cut. Too bad he got cut.

https://twitter.com/...649110694031360

im looking at you Beason...

you to Gross

He's a DE.

He's taking a pay cut so that his team, which is very close to a SB, can bring in another guy to help them.

What motivation is there for Beason or Gross?